Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trayon5
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 1 of 7

USB question

Windows 7, B 500. There are 2 USB ports on the side which are functional. There are 4 in the back which are non-functional. Could I have inadvertently toggled them off? Any suggestions?

Trayon5
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 2 of 7

Re: USB question

Could this possibly be the wrong forum for this question? Was there anything unclear?

@Trayon5 wrote:

Windows 7, B 500. There are 2 USB ports on the side which are functional. There are 4 in the back which are non-functional. Could I have inadvertently toggled them off? Any suggestions?

exscentric
802.11n
Views: 274
Message 3 of 7

some questions just take a bit of time.

Control panel/device manager/usb -- see if any have red or yellow beside anything = this indicates there is a problem.

Right click and see if it tells what is wrong.  You might try to update drivers - let it search on the net for them. Also you might check Lenovo for drivers.

Trayon5
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 4 of 7

The Lenovo Solution center dashboard indicated a critical update was needed. It did not indicate which one so I had no choice but to update everything available on the site. I have re-booted and I still have the critical message from Lenovo AND the usb ports in the back still do not work. Any suggestions?

Trayon5
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 5 of 7

There must be a way to insure that you have all the proper driver updates. Yes?

Trayon5
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 6 of 7

Anybody?
exscentric
802.11n
Views: 206
Message 7 of 7

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=UM012846 lists manuals for your unit.

If you did what I suggested in control panel then I'd guess you have problems internally. If new return it for swap would be my move, or call Lenovo for service though lots of luck with that. They might have a suggestion.

You might also search this board.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors