cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanguel
Not applicable
Views: 180
Message 1 of 2

Upgrade memory aio 520 24-AST Single Rank x8 or Single Rank x16?

As I mentioned in other threads I wanted to expand the RAM memory of my Lenovo AIO 520 24AST, amd a9 and 4gb ram.

According to the specifications this is the configuration that allows:
Memory 24AST: 8GB max / 2400MHz DDR4, two SO-DIMM sockets

Right now it has 4gb of ramaxel brand, but I do not know what type it is (x8?,x16?)
For add 4gb memory ... Single Rank x8 or single rank x16? what difference is there, apart from price (the x8 are significantly cheaper)? Can I put any of the 2 types? Can I combine them? Should I put the same type of the one that comes standard? How do I know what comes standard?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 125
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrade memory aio 520 24-AST Single Rank x8 or Single Rank x16?

Hi yanguel,

Greetings.

Ranks is not a significant factor among standard PC unlike servers so mixing up is possible as discussed here. But if we get back to the basic guidelines on upgrading ram, we get reminded of matching ram as close as possible for smoother dual channeling.

Checking with parts look up, both  Single rank x 8 and dual rank x 16 are offered compatible with the machine. You can place your serial number here to click on compatible under configuration. This would list most ram certified for the machine.

As example, I useF0D3 as model to show one of the ramaxel ram PN 01AG829 (4GB DDR4 2666 SODIMM,Ramaxel) 1Rx16. You can try checking physically on your current ram to match.

ramaxel AIO ram.jpg  

If yours is 1R X8 then you can simply get the cheaper 4GB. Mixing ram should not be a factor and is also expected to work but matching it with the same specs is a better option. If you can have it tested first before purchase then this would be the best way to proceed.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors