cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chercorm
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 1 of 3

Upgraded B320 to Windows 8 - I want to uninstall, can anyone help?

I upgraded my B320 to Windows 8 and hate it!  I would really like to restore Windows 7.  I've tried to use the OneKey Recovery, but, when I repeatedly hit the f2 key nothing happens.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

exscentric
802.11n
Views: 273
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgraded B320 to Windows 8 - I want to uninstall, can anyone help?

If you didn't make restore disks there is no way to do it unless you buy disks from Lenovo for 60 bucks from what I've discovered.

If you have a windows 7 disk you might be able to install from it using the coa from your Lenovo, have not heard if that will work or if it is okay with Microsoft.  You should have gotten the drivers/programs dvd with the computer.

I've googled, asked several times on this forum and nothing I could find allowed me to do it.

The one key restore doesn't work under windows 8 as well as other things you probably know by now.

There are ways to get it runnning and the worst part is limited touchscreen.  Most can't get to the charms and other edge/corner operations and only basic finger use.  The tv is kind of worthless in my mind, can't remove erronious channels and it is slow as can be.  Mine locks up the entire computer now and then so don't use it.

If you have windows.old on your drive there is a way explained on this forum that is supposed to work, I did not try it.  Just search the forum for windows.old

goodmayes
Token Ring
Views: 250
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgraded B320 to Windows 8 - I want to uninstall, can anyone help?

Stay with Windows 8 just install Start 8 and you will see the difference.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals