10-13-2018

FR

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

Windows 10 Nvidia Gtx 760 Drivers not compatible - Lenovo B750

2018-10-13, 2:59 AM

So hi, i am new i have a Lenovo B750 and i upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and i downloaded the last driver of Nvidia & Intel but you know it. IT FAILED when i try to switch from Intel hd graphics to Nvidia gtx 760 and i downgraded and it works on windows 8.1 . and i know i have found a fix it works  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-All-In-One-AIO-Desktops/B750-Check-your-graphics-after-installing-windows-10/td-p/2138590 but i whant the latest drivers so yeah please reply and thanks for helping me

Solved! See the solution
Options

1 Posts

11-14-2018

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 10 Nvidia Gtx 760 Drivers not compatible - Lenovo B750

2018-11-14, 23:27 PM

Windows 10 made an update in April 2018 to have Windows takeover the graphics switching functionality.

Since the B750 has Nvidia Control Panel, Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, and after that update, ALSO has the Windows 10 'Graphics Settings' control panel for this same task, there is a conflict that causes issues.

What you SHOULD be able to do is this: 

#1 Right click on your desktop

#2 Select Display Settings

#3 At the bottom of this page select 'Graphics Settings'

#4 On this page you should able to manually set individual apps to 'High Performance' which will make the GTX 760A kick in as the graphics chip for those apps.

I have this same system, and when opening 'Graphics Settings' at step 3, it will automatically close, crash, or not launch at all.

If this is the case for you, it is possible to manually set these settings via the Windows 10 Registry.

Adjusting registry settings manually is not normally advised by anyone in tech support, so these steps are meant for experienced users and come with no warranty or support, if issues arise. (So, don't do this, unless you are familiar with editing your registry manually, or you are at the point where you don't care if this causes any issue.)

#1 Windows Key + R

#2 regedit.exe

#3 Find Computer\HKEY_USERS\((YOUR_USER_ID_IN_DIGITS_HERE))\Software\Microsoft\DirectX\UserGpuPreferences

#4 On this screen you will need to make a new String Value.

#5 The String Value Name needs to be the file location of the App you need to use the dedicated graphics chip.

For my example, I am doing this for the game Warframe.

So my string name is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.exe

#6 The string Data needs to be this: GpuPreference=2;

#7 Once you have your strings looking like my included screenshot, you should be able to restart, and then launch the app.

#8 The app should use the GTX 760A. Congratulations if this worked for you. PS Can someone let Microsoft know about this conflict? It's very annoying to have to manually fix the issues, this way.

Screenshot here: 

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2018

FR

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-11-28, 9:55 AM

Hi, i didnt find the user id can you screenshot where it can be found please thanks you

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2018

FR

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-03-15, 21:43 PM

I am thefinickyhd on nvidia forums, and i just found a new way and for me it works so here are the soloution !

Step 1 : Go on the search bar type " Graphics Settings "

Step 2 :Go to graphics settings menu

Step 3 : Switch to universal app

Step 4 : Chose your game files and put it in

Enjoy

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms