Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plcorir
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,820
Message 1 of 1

Windows Boot Manager Error 0xc000000f

I own a Lenovo Ideacentre All-in-one A510. OS is Windows 7 64 Bit. Not sure why as I haven't installed anything new, but the system will no longer do a successful startup.  When I attempt to do a startup, I get a Windows Boot Manager error which says: "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I do not have the OS CD nor have I created the system restore disks. What I do have is the backup of all my data in drive D. I was able once to get to a backup option, but it said it did not have enough space to do a recovery of my 1/5/15 backup.  Since then, I haven't been able to get back to that point.

I attempted to use One Key Recovery (OKR) (F2) to rescue/repair my system, but it never took me to any onscreen instructions to select the backup task to restore from.  Instead, I get a picture of a green plant???  What the heck is that?

How can I get back to a backup/restore screen?  Can someone please help/guide me as to what I should do in order to use the backup created already in D drive and restore my system?

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors