Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javsta123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,039
Message 1 of 7

Wont boot past windows Splash.

Hi,

I don't know what's wrong with my all in one idea centre B310. I start up my device, it comes up with a error loading drives. I have been told to use F8 menu options i've tried all the options, safe mode did not work, but i had some luck with directory services restore mode" and got onto windows but it was very laggy and time consuming and when i tured my pc off, it wouldnt work again sadly... when i tried disable driver signature enforcement, i got blue screen with writing and my fan was blowing LOUDLY. Also my pc has experienced 2 falls previously due to kids tripping on wires in my room. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Could anyone tell me what could be wrong if i need to re-install windows, get a new hard drive? because i really need my pc for work etc. ASAP.

Thanks...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,016
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wont boot past windows Splash.

hi javsta123,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

There's a big possibility that your Windows files are corrupted that's why you're not booting pass the Windows logo.If you don't have any important files on the PC, try to continuously press F2 during boot-up to trigger the One Key Recovery function (this will restore the PC to factory settings).

If this doesn't work and you have another PC that you could use, try to run a diagnostic on the drive by:

a. Downloading the UBCD ISO

b. Burn the ISO using imgburn

c. Insert the CD that you just created into the defective computer and reboot

d. Upon reboot, continuously press F12 and boot from the ODD/CD-DVD

e. On the diagnostic options, navigate to HDD > Diagnosis > & choose the diagnostic software depending on the brand of your HDD (i.e. choose Seagate for DOS if you have a Seagate HDD, Data Lifeguard if you have a Western Digital HDD, etc..)

To burn the diagnostic softwre on a flashdrive, follow this guide

Note:

If you find any errors, you will need to change the HDD. If you don't have a recovery disc, you can contact lenovo on how to go about getting the disc.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

javsta123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,004
Message 3 of 7

Oh Great! thanks you! But i have tried the F2 option and it now comes up with HomeGroupUser$ password? but i do not have one at all!? Please Help ASAP.

When i get the chance i will try the 2nd solution.

thanks
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 995
Message 4 of 7

hi javsta123,

If there's a username / password field, can you try to put your windows username or password.

Cheers.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

javsta123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 989
Message 5 of 7

Hello, But I Don't have A password to anything or on accounts on my Device though?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 971
Message 6 of 7

hi javsta123,

If you have created a recovery disc using this method then you can skip the F2  recovery option and try to restore the unit using the discs as we can't proceed with the F2 recovery without the password. You just have to insert the recovery disc #1 and boot from the DVD drive by pressing F12 on startup to start the recovery process.

If you didn't create a recovery disc, you will need to contact lenovo on how to go about getting the disc but I suggest you do a scan first on the hard drive for bad sectors as you will also need to replace the drive if you find any bad sectors.

Cheers.

javsta123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 963
Message 7 of 7

THANKS ALOT MATE

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors