Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brandontheisen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,267
Message 1 of 3

Xbox One Gaming System Volume

Hello, I just purchased a Lenovo All-in-One Desktop (C40-05 Model) and I'm attempting to hook up my Xbox One gaming systme to the monitor. I've hook the HDMI into the HDMI IN port on the back and I have picture and sound. The problem is that the sound is very loud and I don't know how to change the volume. I also plugged a pair of headphones into the side of the monitor attemping to use those to lower the volume, but I get no sound of them. I'm assuming that audio port is only for the PC portion. Any help would be great, thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,221
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xbox One Gaming System Volume

hi brandontheisen,

Welcome to the Forums.

Have you tried adjusting the volume within the Xbox console or tried downloading the Xbox One SmartGlass from the Microsoft Store (PC) and connect it to the Xbox to control the volume?

You can read more in this article.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,218
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xbox One Gaming System Volume

Hi brandontheisen, welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

As far as I know, you can't. Smiley Sad

The All-In-One HDMI input, doesn't use any of the PC controls. On my A520, I use the HDMI input for my cable box. Once I switch over to the HDMI input, I lose all of my Window's controls. I can only control the audio volume, by using the cable box volume control.

I did a little research on the X-Box One, and it appears that the Smartglass app will allow you to control the audio on your TV, but that app works through the TV's infrared control system. Since your C40-05 does not have any PC "interface" with what's coming in from the HDMI input circuitry, the app will not work for you. I don't have an X-Box One, so I could be mistaken.

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals