Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 2,863
Message 11 of 22

Re: Yoga HOME 900

I agree. Hope this device is available with 4K.

It makes no sense to offer a device with a huge 27" display that is meant to be used in close proximity and then limit the resolution to 1080P. I find 1080P to be barely adequete for a 15" laptop.

The Yoga Home 900 really needs a 4K display.

The AiO 910 just got updated with a 27" 4K display so I really hope Lenovo installs that display on the Yoga Home 900 with 6th Generation i7. That woudl make for a phenominal device for home use and also for professional users.

tskjaerpe
Paper Tape
Views: 2,805
Message 12 of 22

Agree with most of what you say. However, high resolution games on a HD monitor? Photo retouching on a HD monitor?

This is very close to my dream machine, but I will never buy a 27 inch screen with only HD resolution. You may spot the pixels more than one meter away. I had a Dell 24" 1900x1200 monitor, and I could spot the pixels on working distance even on that one. My new HP 27" 5k (running it at 4k because the text and icons in Photoshops becomes too small) is perfect for all kinds of work, even reading full page newspapers.

Please, Lenovo, give us 4k. Even smartphones have it. If not, I will wait for the Microsoft Surface AIO.

tskjaerpe
Paper Tape
Views: 2,806
Message 13 of 22

Then my 70 years old eyes are better then yours. At computer stores, I can blindly (pun intended) easily pick out HD vs 4k and 5k monitors. 27" HD monitors are a no go.
vaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,803
Message 14 of 22

Friend, say me please, is there a game Raiding company in your Yoga Home, or not. I own Lenovo Ideacentre Horizon 27, and it will be great to share with experiances.

Highlighted
Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 2,793
Message 15 of 22

Exactly. Just realize that some of us would like to buy a device like this not just t play games but get work done. A 27" AIO would be quite useful at out architectural design firm where we work with videos and large drawings and this device with the battery woudl allow limited mobility for presentations.

This device needs a 4K display.

I can pick out pixels on a 1080P display that is just 15" so it is absurdly mediocre to release a 27" display to be used to close proximity that is hobbled with a 1080P resolution display.

With the large screen size this device really needs a 4K display and I wish they'd offer a professional version with a 4K display as well as an active digitizer and stylus. They could charge quite a nice price premium for such a device as the only competition is the Panasinic Toughpad 4K with a 3 month wait time for delivery.

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 2,790
Message 16 of 22

@tskjaerpe wrote:

Agree with most of what you say. However, high resolution games on a HD monitor? Photo retouching on a HD monitor?

This is very close to my dream machine, but I will never buy a 27 inch screen with only HD resolution. You may spot the pixels more than one meter away. I had a Dell 24" 1900x1200 monitor, and I could spot the pixels on working distance even on that one. My new HP 27" 5k (running it at 4k because the text and icons in Photoshops becomes too small) is perfect for all kinds of work, even reading full page newspapers.

Please, Lenovo, give us 4k. Even smartphones have it. If not, I will wait for the Microsoft Surface AIO.

Very good point.

It is ridiculous how you can buy a phone with a 6" display that offers 4K resolution and Lenovo has limited the 27" display to only 1080P.

What a waste for this concept to be ruined by such a low resolution display, arguably the most important component of an AIO. Also odd there is no digtizer or stylus even if you want to pay extra for that as an option.

This device with 4K, high end specs, and a digitizer.stylus would make for the ultimate AIO for work and play.

Paper Tape
Views: 2,632
Message 17 of 22

hi do you have test on pc gaming. can gt940a handle pc gaming well
Mikokwan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,183
Message 18 of 22

Re: Yoga HOME 900 Needs a 4K Display

Also...8GB RAM is a stuck.....
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,160
Message 19 of 22

Hi!

It always depend which game you are talking about, because will depend the requirements of the game you are going to play on it. But for most common games in the market works really good. i have tried some and run good on it. 

My recomendation is to look the games you would like to install on your system and check the requirements needed for them. 

Good luck! 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

☑ No trabajo para Lenovo, soy voluntario.
☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.
tskjaerpe
Paper Tape
Views: 2,145
Message 20 of 22

Sorry, Lenovo. The train just left the station with Surface Studio on board

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors