Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,062
Message 1 of 22

Yoga HOME 900

Welcome to the new Yoga HOME 900

Yoga HOME 900

Oct. 19/ 2015 

While today is the official #LenovoLaunch of the new Yoga HOME 900, in San Francisco (USA), I had the privilege of being one of the first people in the world to have one of these awesome machines since a few weeks ago.

Through my collaboration in Lenovo’s communities, I was able to experiment with this product for several days, to bring to you a preview of it.

The Yoga HOME 900 is the direct successor of the Horizon family, in this case specifically for the 27" and the differences between you may find are: new processor generation, new operating system and 3 times more applications available on the home store, optimized for this big screen.

m_IMG_3395.jpg

Before continuing this preview, let’s see the YOGA Home 900’s specifications.

(900-27IBU)

• Operating System 64-bit Windows 10
  • Display 27" Full HD with 10 points multi-touch, LED panel
  • CPU 5th generation 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-5500U
  • Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 940A 2GB DDR3
  • Storage 1TB HDD
  • RAM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
  • Integrated battery 3+ hours, 6 cells.
  • Audio 2 speakers integrated Realtek HD 2.5W.
  • Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi ac o b/g/n, NFC
  • Ports 3x USB 3.0, 1 x Headset / microphone/ 1 x HDMI-in/ 1 x DC power.
  • Webcam / Mic 1080p with Microphone array.
  • Weight / Thickness 7.6 kg, 19.5 mm
  • Modes Stand Mode and Flat

Besides these features, the Yoga HOME 900 has a folding rear support with adjustments to the visual angle and a user interface called AURA, for a better user experience in flat mode.

This user interface, comes loaded with more than a dozen applications, mainly entertainment.

m_IMG_3335.jpgm_IMG_3375.jpg

Advantages with this product according to my tests:

1- Wifi: It worked great, even in places where other equipment regularly are some drawbacks to connect, this has excellent signal.

2- Sound: Excellent fidelity sound through headphones or when I use it with an external speaker, either connected via the jack or bluetooth.

3- Fans: For the large size that has the equipment, it is very quiet, I have smaller devices and is higher the noise generated by their fans.

4- Aura: Excellent user interface, every time I show it to someone it’s astonished (KUDOS)

5- Accessories: Joysticks help much when it comes to games, also allows the computer screen to be more protected.

6 Weight: Being a lightweight product (for its size) is easy to carry on for specific needs. Nor is it a product to carry it everywhere.

7- Battery: Good battery performance, in fact I almost don’t us it with the charger.

8- Screen: Wide, allows me to do multitasking, great for when I'm editing video, working a graphic design or retouching photos.

1. Performance: because of the configuration that has this equipment, allows me not only play high-resolution games, but also allows me to be part of my work in it, where I use a number of applications, as well as for graphic design, as well as audio and video editing.

10- Media Center: Definitely, this has become the mediacenter of my house and the other houses where I bring it, to share it with family and friends.

Improvements I would like to see:

1 Operating System: As a new operating system (Windows 10) and I even understand that is improving every day, but I hope it is much more stable.

2- Grip: Although makes it easy to grab Kick-stand where it is, really need a specific grip for that, as the manual says it should not hold the Kick-stand.

3- Sound: I would like to listen more power from integrated speakers, it is a device that I understand it has the space to place powerful speakers.

I will continue testing it and I'll share with you the most important stuff.

If you have something specific you want to know about Yoga HOME 900, do not hesitate to contact me and I'll gladly let you know.

You can also contact me via my social networks through @juanpolanco31

Juan C. Polanco

☑ No trabajo para Lenovo, soy voluntario.
☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.
rob1234
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,889
Message 2 of 22

Re: Yoga HOME 900

Will this version of Aura be available on the older Horizon models? I'm still on windows 8.1 on my Horizon 2 27" because of all the complaints here that Aura doesn't work if you upgrade.

nuismer
Token Ring
Views: 4,873
Message 3 of 22

Thanks very much for your details of the Yoga HOME 900.  It shows that AURA and Windows 10 are not incompatible.  And many of us with the older Horizon series still have hope of not having to choose between having AURA or Windows 10.  Lenovo please give us some guess as to when we no longer will have to make the choice.

tskjaerpe
Paper Tape
Views: 4,830
Message 4 of 22

Only HD resolution on a 27" screen? Individual pixels are easily seen even with my aging eyes. I have a 1900 x 1200 24" Dell monitor which is barely adequat and a 27" 4k monitor which is ideal for work, multimedia, games and reading the news.  With 4k resolution it would be a perfect machine for me

vaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,440
Message 5 of 22

Dear friend I read your article for yoga home 900, I have the predessessor of it Horizon 27, and I experienced aura game raiding company crashes. If you also have the same problem and have find solution please, let me know. When I play penultimate section of that game, douring the gameplay pops up some weapon called twin turrnet and the game crashes. After that I cannot continue playing, unless swich it through task manager. What can I do. If you can, help me please

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,435
Message 6 of 22

Hi Rob !

I'm not sure if would work on the older Horizon, i haven't test it yet, but if you upgrade your PC, you can still run the applications & games without Aura.

Just open Windows Explorer and go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\AlphaApps". Right-click the executables and create the shortcuts on your desktop. Afterwards you can easily pin them to your start screen.

Hope this help !!!! 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,434
Message 7 of 22

Hello Nuismer!!

As i told Rob before.  You can continue using the apps if you upgrade, only think it's maybe Aura doesn't work properly or maybe you receive some error while reinstalling. 

Good Luck! 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,430
Message 8 of 22

Hi Tskjaerpe !

Won't lie, i would prefered 4k resolution, but is not as you said about individual pixels, i would say it's a great view on the 27" Full HD  Display 1920x1080.

I work multimedia on it and watch movies in my free time and it's fantastic. 

Cheers!!! 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,427
Message 9 of 22

Hello VAZ !!

I'm so sorry about what you said. I haven't try the game, but i will install it and see what happens, then i'll give you my feedback. 

Good Luck!! Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 3,920
Message 10 of 22

Re: Yoga HOME 900 Needs a 4K Display

Love this device but it is pointless with a 1080P resolution on such a large 27" display.

This product really needs a 4K display.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors