Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
999Mike999
What's DOS?
Views: 5,441
Message 1 of 10

annoying white flashing circle

I have a Lenovo all in one unit with a wireless mouse and have just started seeing flashing circles in the middle of the screen at the top and the mouse does not respond

i have re booted several times but still no joy

Any ideas?

Mike

Mod's Edit: Moved this post and its reply to its own thread in the Lenovo AIO desktop forum.

CeeTea
Paper Tape
Views: 5,156
Message 2 of 10

Re: annoying white flashing circle

Hello Mike

Just to let you know you are not alone. If you got a resoltuion please can you let me know. My experience is:

I have experienced a simlar issue with my IdeaCenter 700 for the last couple of months, just out of warranty of course! Blobs keep appearing on the screen that take over control of the mouse, act like right clicks and especially then on web browsers start acting as selections - not good when trying to do internet ordering or banking !  This can happen when the PC is initially booted up making it difficult on occasions to enter the password. 

I have tried a number of remedies but none successful so any help much appreciated.

I have :

- used the PC Reset function to re-install the Windows 10 operating system whilst retaining personal files - no difference. 

- checked the drivers - all are the latest version. 

- run the full Lenovo hardware scan - nothing identified

- run full scans by AVG, Malwarebytes and CClean - no viruses found

- used a USB plug-in mouse rather than the wireless mouse  

Any other ideas out there ?

bombhead7
What's DOS?
Views: 5,112
Message 3 of 10

I too have the same problem so any ideas how to fix welcome.

CeeTea
Paper Tape
Views: 5,086
Message 4 of 10

Hello there

I had the same problem (see earlier post) and seem to have solved it by turning off the touchscreen which you can do by going to:

Device Manager (within Control Panel) -> Human Interface Devices -> HID-Compliant-Touch Screen and select disable.

Did this a week ago and no problems since.

Hope this helps

CeeTea 

bombhead7
What's DOS?
Views: 5,032
Message 5 of 10

Thanks CeeTea

disabling the touch screen fixed the problem.

IP2
Paper Tape
Views: 4,908
Message 6 of 10

I have the same issue. Does anyone know if there is a proper fix instead of disabling the touch screen? Thanks

mikered100
Paper Tape
Views: 4,715
Message 7 of 10

I totally agree. if we all have the problem, Lenovo should be addressing it and my problem also occurred when the PC was 5 months out of warranty. I have tried two clean installs of Windows 10 without success. I have had huge problems trying to work and I take it we all bought a PC which had a touchscreen because we wanted one. It is ridiculous that we have to turn off this feature to use our PCs.

I will try this fix but Lenovo should deal with this common fault properly.

NSYadav
What's DOS?
Views: 2,359
Message 8 of 10

Thanks CeeTea, after disableing "HID-compliant touch screen" in device manager. Now my Toshiba Satellite Radius run smooth without touch screen function. 

Tampachris
What's DOS?
Views: 2,047
Message 9 of 10

I'm replying a little late, but perhaps this will help other people.  I too had the extremely annoying white/gray ghostly orbs.  It was like they were taking over the computer, and that is exactly what was happening.  There seems to be a "short" in the touch screen.  I tried a number of fixes to no avail at first - windows updates, hardware updates, disabled/reenabled all input devices, ran a hardware diagnostic test... but what finally worked was I disabled the touch screen.  The only way to do that I found was to go into device manager, find the touch screen device, and disable it.  Voila.  No more ghostly orbs.

justenough
What's DOS?
Views: 612
Message 10 of 10

Same problem. CeeTea's reply worked for me. Sucks we can't use touchscreen now, though. Following this thread in hope there is a better answer soon. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors