Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
demon25
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 1 of 2

[ideacentre AIO 520-24ARR] Any way to adjust monitor brightness and volume while using HDMI in?

Hi,

Recently I bought the ideacentre AIO 520-24ARR and noticed that it includes a HDMI in port. However, when the computer switches to "monitor mode" after plugging in an HDMI cable into the port, both the brightness and volume are at their highest level and there does not seem to be any possible way to adjust them (I've literally spent several days googling and got nowhere). So I'm wondering if there just simply isn't a way to do it or if there's a hidden method I haven't heard of yet (whether it be within the OS/hardware or the use of other software). I'd like to use the monitor mode for game consoles (which usually don't include options to adjust such settings assuming you'd already have control over them through the display device).

Thanks in advance.

CthuluJonez
Paper Tape
Views: 295
Message 2 of 2

Re: [ideacentre AIO 520-24ARR] Any way to adjust monitor brightness and volume while using HDMI in?

I'm desperate for the answer to this question as well. I've searched on countless forums, consulted fellow tinkerer friends & exhausted myself trying to figure this out so I can play my SNES-Classic on my lunch breaks between workloads. The default-maximum brightness & volume levels make it impossible to play these 16-bit games without annoying everyone in a 30-metre radius.

I'm assuming since the typically-assertive Lenovo staff haven't already jumped on this question that it's simply impossible to accomplish & they're embarrassed about the design oversight, but if anyone had answers it'd be much appreciated

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors