Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-28-2017

Slovenia

9 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 1 of 3

ideacentre AIO 700 27ISH keeps freezing

2017-08-28, 17:11 PM

I have been using my ideacentre AIO 700 27ISH model F0BD002WSC for about six months and in this period of time it has been randomly but consistantly (once a week or more) freezing. And when it freezes it also makes a trrr sound wihich is as loud as the volume that was set before the computer crashes.

This happens randomly and it's almost never a highly stressful situation for the CPU to handle, like when i'm browsing the news or on youtube and it just crashes for no apparent reason.

I would really like to fix this because it is driving me crazy.

Thanks, Alan

Options

4496 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4619 Signins

53062 Page Views

• Views: 53062
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ideacentre AIO 700 27ISH keeps freezing

2017-08-29, 21:59 PM

The problem could be a failing hard drive, so step one would be to backup all of your important data as soon as possible before doing any of the troubleshooting below, as they could just hasten its demise.

Once you have everything backed up, I would run a hardware scan using the Lenovo Solution Center, which should be already installed, or the latest downloaded from Lenovo here.     The hardware scan will test the hard drive and other components in your computer to make sure that they are in good working order, and if not provide a report that can be viewed upon completion, and saved to a file using the little 3.5" diskette icon when viewing the report.

You don't mention what version of Windows you are running, but Windows 10 has received some major Windows Updates recently, so you may need updated video card drivers to work properly, although checking the Lenovo site, I do not see any updates from Lenovo since 2015, but you may be able to obtain them directly from Intel or Nvidia depending on what video adapter your system has.

Note:  Do not install the Scalar fonts improvement firmware update, as it can fail to install properly, and leave your system dead in the water.   

IF everything else checks out,  I would run a good virus scan and disable any start-up items that do not need to run all the time, which you can do from within Windows Task Manager.

Good Luck, 

Options

3 Posts

08-28-2017

Slovenia

9 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ideacentre AIO 700 27ISH keeps freezing

2017-09-02, 13:09 PM
I have Windows 10(x64-bit), now that i ran the hardware scan, it wasn't able to complete tests SMART Short Self Test and SMART Drive Self Test: Warning!, but other tests are marked as "passed". I dont know if it's relevant but I had to run a custom scan just for the hard drive, because when i ran the full scan, the program was running like 1 hour before it even got to Storage devices tests and the program just stopped responding when it same to the SMART Short Self Test ( it said that this test is taking longer than expected, but none of the buttons worked).
Final Result Code: W1ZLS5XZV-5AZZAB

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms