Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob310568
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 1 of 8

lenovo c460 does not turn one after using bios update

Hello, I have a Lenovo All in One C460 that was working very well, but after using the bios update program from Lenovo the computer does not turn on... The light at the button turns on, the fan turns on but no image and nothing happen. I suspect Lenovo program damaged my computer.  somebody help please.

Regards

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 359
Message 2 of 8

Re: lenovo c460 does not turn one after using bios update

Do you have the original memory, or was it changed?  If changed, what is the brand and speed? 1.35V or 1.5V?

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Bob310568
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 3 of 8

I have the original memory of 4GB plus another stick of 4GB with the same spec added last year, but I did not touch the memory, the problem is that I started the bios updade program something wrong hapenned (did not open any windows and stopped the computer). Now when I plug it in the light at the button turns on and cooler turns on, but nothing else happens. I believe the Bios is with a problem now.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 324
Message 4 of 8

i am not familiar with that model.  What I was wondering was whather the BIOS update changed the memory requirements.  I believe you need low (1.35V) voltage memory.  Many models made PC3-8500 memory invalid/

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Bob310568
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 5 of 8

Thank you anyway

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 285
Message 6 of 8

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Bob310568 !

Have you tried doing a soft reset of the BIOS just to rule out that a minor configuration conflict isn't causing the problem?  Here is how....

1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
3. Plug in the charger / adapter and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If you are still experiencing a problem and the system is still under warranty then I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for warranty assistance.

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Bob310568
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 7 of 8

Hello, the procedure did not work. Unfortunatelly computer is out of warranty and since it was Lenovo Program that damaged my computer I would like to know first if is there a procedure to load Bios from USB or somethink like that, I would like to try first. Regards

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 262
Message 8 of 8

There maybe a BIOS recovery procedure for your model, but I am unable to find any documentation for it.  Hopefully someone that is more familiar with the C460 will add to this discussion.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors