Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

07-18-2015

United States

45 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 1 of 6

A letter to Lenovo support.

2015-07-29, 11:29 AM

I bought my Lenovo Tab 2 three weeks ago.  I have been pretty happy with it until lately.  Recently I have recieved an update to Lollipop.  I think it is fair to say the update wasn't really ready to be pushed out to the general users.  To be honest as a happy Lenovo user I didn't think it would be much of a big deal as I was sure an update would be forthcoming.  Maybe someone from Lenovo would chime in and offer up some support... Nope.  I really think this is going to be a big black eye on the Tab 2 A10-70 tablets reputation.  I can no longer recomend this tablet to my friends and I am considering returning my tablet to Best Buy.  The issue oviously isn't with Lollipop as it was released in October of 2014 that was some 7-8 months ago and many of the issues have been fixed.  Can we have an official or unofficial word on a fix?  How about an image of Kitkat we can apply to roll back to until we have a more stable version of Lollipop?  I think most users would be happy with that for now at least.

Thank you,

Justin 

Options

88 Posts

06-08-2015

United States

243 Signins

1867 Page Views

• Views: 1867
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: A letter to Lenovo support.

2015-07-29, 16:36 PM

Good for you! I hope Lenovo reads this and we get a response. Although, it seems Lenovo is not willing to do anything in response to users of this forum or Tab 2 A10-70 users. It really is too bad as the specs of the tablet are great...but Lenovo support is terrible. I too am no longer recommending the tablet as the support and customer service is horrible.

Options

18 Posts

07-22-2015

United States of America

33 Signins

345 Page Views

• Views: 345
  • Message 3 of 6

2015-07-29, 18:11 PM

Ii agree completely, I had two of these,the first one forced the update, lost the features I had bought it for so I swapped it for a second hoping to stop the update process after seeing how  bad it was.   Shutting off updates in the About section, removing google play, disabling the update apk and removing the OTA update file did no good as it updated anyhow and messed up tabket number two so back it went for a full refund ( thanks Walmart).

Thinking a Windows 10 tablet may be a solution was soon trashed as Windows 10 has opted in their great stupidity to make all updates FORCED so you can no long turn them off or get rid of a bad one....makes me wish OS2 Warp was still around.

Specific problems after update: Sound...very low volume output, under settings Audio Enhance ear phone GONE, Loudness GONE, Surround GONE!

Wireless issues:  Online performance was outstandi g prior to update now feels like dialup.

Battery life was at 100 percent and three hours later at 15 percent and even when plugged in refused to charge.

Final issue was that the update was FORCED, I gave no permission until things started going haywire that it had upgraded itself.

Customer support is a very bad JOKE, they help in no way, juggle calls till you reach "premium support" then tell you this is a fee based service and will cost you.

Took both tablets back, got refund and am done with Lenovo.

Options

46 Posts

07-28-2015

United States of America

57 Signins

607 Page Views

• Views: 607
  • Message 4 of 6

2015-07-29, 19:54 PM

Please list your issues, it will help.

There are only few here who keep posting the same issue again and again.

I have no issues with sound, I listen to lot of music and it was one factor i decided to buy it.

I would not buy a tiny tablet speaker to blast music.  The music i listen to is over Bluetooth, have found no issue with it.

No Wifi issue either on the 5Ghz band.

Options

15 Posts

06-07-2015

United States of America

51 Signins

342 Page Views

• Views: 342
  • Message 5 of 6

2015-07-30, 1:31 AM

Have any of you that have been having problems contacted Lenovo directly to get a response? I would be curious what they tell you and how long they take to respond. 

Options

22 Posts

07-18-2015

United States

45 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 6 of 6

2015-07-30, 10:54 AM

wrote:

Please list your issues, it will help.

There are only few here who keep posting the same issue again and again.

I have no issues with sound, I listen to lot of music and it was one factor i decided to buy it.

I would not buy a tiny tablet speaker to blast music.  The music i listen to is over Bluetooth, have found no issue with it.

No Wifi issue either on the 5Ghz band.

T13,

You make a good point, I was so frustrated the other night I should have listed my issues.  For one, yes sound.  This issue seams to be very wide spread and not limited to only a few who keep posting the issue over and over again.  I don't use the built in speakers much, mostly bluetooth headphones.  Without outside amplification I really cannot hear much as the audio is to quiet.  In addition to that one of the main features of this tablet is the Dolby Atmos sound which isn't working eithor.  I can delete the cache for that and other programs and get it working for a short time, however the moment I do a google voice search it shuts down again.  In addition to that wifi has been an issue.  It works fine at home where I have 5Ghz but most places I am at don't have 5Ghz yet and I have issues connecting.  The tablet is great hardware wise, I really do think Lenovo did a wondeful job delivering a tablet with the specs it has for the price they are asking for it.  I just want support to step up and give us some hope a fix will be forth coming.  Unfortunately my experiance with calling Lenovo for support echos what others have posted.  I get passed along until they want to charge me.  I have some time left to return this tablet so I'm holding out, I want to keep it.  I just want to be able to use it and without sound and wifi it's just an expensive ereader.  Again thank you for pointing out I failed to mention my issues as I failed to be clear. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms