Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-29-2012

Victoria, BC

20 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 8

A2107-F - YouTube HD lagging and "Android is upgrading" each boot

2012-11-29, 18:31 PM

Recent purchase, very happy with the tablet - game performance is great, moving through the OS is smooth, web browsing is snappy.

I'm just having trouble with HD YouTube videos.  When I watch an HD video, the sound gets out of sync and video is very laggy/choppy.  When I toggle off the HD option, the video plays fine.  There's no problem with buffering.  I've tried using Task Manager to kill all unessential apps and I'm still experiencing the same thing.

Also, it seems I'm stuck in a boot loop.  Each time I reboot I see an "Android is upgrading" message.

Any suggestions would help.  Thanks!

Options

40 Posts

11-28-2011

usa

41 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: A2107-F - YouTube HD lagging and "Android is upgrading" each boot

2012-11-30, 12:04 PM

as a debug step you could try 'Android Tapp' / an app to d/l youtube to the local storage on your tab.  play it HD and check the perf.  if its good, the issue must be buffering the net

the other issue is more serious.  you're either going to have to root the tab and go custom or reload the ROM. I would not trust any other solution to that

Options

1 Posts

11-12-2011

Canada

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 8

2012-12-02, 16:25 PM

A2017

I also have the Android is upgrading issue after upgrading the firmware on December 1st 2012.

Each time the device is powered on it is delayed saying Android is upgrading......

Also after the firmware update I had to change the language back to English.

Options

7 Posts

12-07-2012

Canada

7 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 4 of 8

2012-12-07, 23:02 PM

Did you get to fix this? I have the same thing

Options

4 Posts

11-29-2012

Victoria, BC

20 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-12-13, 7:19 AM

Hi all,

I know it's been a little while but here's an update; however, don't get too excited.

I tried transferring over a 720p MKV video over and playing it with VLC. Same result I'm afraid.  Although the audio playback was fine, the video had a lot of trouble catching up.  Loads of dropped frames and video was pixelated.  One thing that I should mention is that VLC had an option for "Enable hardware accelearted decoding" that was disabled.  I tried to enable it but the video wouldn't play at all.

I tried BSPlayer from the Google Play Store and it seemed to handle the video a little better but it wasn't what I was expecting.  When I played the video an error would briefly appear stating that "an error occurred..." (I couldn't get the entire message, it would flash really quick) and BSPlayer reverted back to software decoding although I had forced hardware decoding in the preferences.  

The "Android is upgrading..." message still appears on each boot up.

Looks like the A2109 users received their Jelly Bean update.  I'm sure us A2107 users will get an update from Lenovo soon.  Hopefully the upgrade will make these problems disappear.  :)

Options

4 Posts

11-29-2012

Victoria, BC

20 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-12-14, 6:44 AM

Another (possibly last) update...

I tried rooting the device and added the following lines to the build.prop file hoping to squeeze out some extra performance:

video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.sf.hw=1

Alas, those didn't help either.  It actually made the device very unstable with lots of forced closes.  I noticed that the area on the left side of the camera became warmer as well.

I'm going to give it a factory reset and see what I can do to return these (I bought three; two unopened as Christmas presents for my kids).

I gave it a chance, I guess I should have done some more homework before dishing out the money.

Options

27 Posts

12-26-2012

Leesburg, Ohio

39 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 7 of 8

2012-12-26, 13:42 PM

The problem with these is the hardware itself, I was a little skeptic when I bought them because of the hardware, or the lack there of when it comes to running ICS, Now Jelly bean should be a little easier on the cpu. What I have found myself is the OS doesn't seem to clear up the RAM enough or even often enough to keep the tabby stable. Here are a few tricks that should help, I however have not tried these but I probly will be tonight when I get home. 

http://androplasty.com/content.php/2-GUIDE-Car-o-Dope-s-Supersonic-Android-Tweaking-Guide-v1-0-2-12-04-11

These are memory manager tweaks, I have used these on  alot of different devices and they have worked great, YOU WILL NEED TO BE ROOTED TO USE THESE. As a matter of fact you will probly need to be rooted to do anything thats useful to help these tablets. First thing Id do is get rid of the bloat ware.

Matter of fact as I remember things and do things to my kids tablets I'll post on here what works and doesn't

I've had a lot of devices through the years. With those years and devices comes a little bit of knowledge that may be of use here.
Options

27 Posts

12-26-2012

Leesburg, Ohio

39 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 8 of 8

2012-12-26, 14:01 PM
The "Android is upgrading..." message still appears on each boot up.

This is going to happen for now. I don't think the Android developers that Lenovo is using have quite fiqured out developing Android to run at its peak on this "sub-par" hardware. I do believe with the right tweaks This tablet would be a definate keeper.
I've had a lot of devices through the years. With those years and devices comes a little bit of knowledge that may be of use here.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms