Options

27 Posts

12-26-2012

Leesburg, Ohio

39 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 1 of 7

**A2107 IdeaTab Locked up Hard on Lock Screen ** Unresponsive ** Temporary Solution

2012-12-26, 17:14 PM

I bought two of these devices for my children for christmas. My son had been setting his up to kind of clone his phone for ease of use I guess. As he was unlocking it from a sleep it Locked up Hard. One would have thought that it was bricked. Everything became unresponsive. I let it sit for a good hour trying to hold down the Power button for different durations. Nothing was working. I then took the small back cover off that conceals the camera and SD slot. I came across a small hole with a white dot in it. I stuck a Paper clip in it and voila, it powered off.  I was then able to reboot the phone. 

What I have found that I assume is the culprit is poor development of this system.  It seems to me that the memory management part of the kernel is not tweaked for optimal performance of this sytem. In a nutshell the Specs say it has 512mb RAM Space. I have watched his tablet get down to only 32mb RAM free space With very minimul use, the tablet becomes absolutely unusable. A good temp fix for this is to install Advance Task Killer from the market or some kind of memory management app. I set his to Kill Apps every hour with Moderate Security. This typically tends to free up about 300mb RAM for use.

A more permanent solution would be to ROOT your device (This will most likely void any warranty you may have, and I imply no warranty that this will work) and install CoD Tweaks, Maybe a Custom ROM if any are available. With it Rooted you can also install Titanium Backup from the Market and Freeze apps such as those Bloatware apps that come preinstalled and are always started because Lenovo made it do that.

I felt like sharing this because I am sure there are others that are having the same issue I did. Just google it you'll find them

Oh and my daughters tablet I added task killer to right after first boot so she has had no problems at all. I Hope that if JB is pushed to this device that better developement on the Kernel Side will be done to help this little gem out. I really do like this tablet I may even buy myself one to replace my in-dash stereo system in my car :smileywink:

I've had a lot of devices through the years. With those years and devices comes a little bit of knowledge that may be of use here.
Options

1 Posts

03-28-2009

Ontario, Canada

5 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: **A2107 IdeaTab Locked up Hard on Lock Screen ** Unresponsive ** Temporary Solution

2013-01-01, 1:14 AM

Thank you for telling me where the reset button was. Nowhere in the documentation did it mention where it was. You made my day and saved the life of the tablet that just about went flying out the window.

Options

1 Posts

03-03-2013

Puerto La Cruz Venezuela

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 7

Re: **A2107 IdeaTab Locked up Hard on Lock Screen ** Unresponsive ** Temporary Solution

2013-03-03, 18:00 PM

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It has been very useful for me, as long as I have had the same issue and I had done exactly what you've told with the power button during almost an hour, without knowing what to do. Congratulations and thanks once more.

Options

1 Posts

03-19-2013

madrid spain

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 7

2013-03-19, 18:41 PM
Thank you for your ideas and this solution.Immediately I use a little pin head in that hole then the system went off and I switch it on again to restart.My tablet is okay now.
Options

1 Posts

07-16-2013

chennai

3 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 5 of 7

2013-07-16, 6:41 AM

Thanks a lot.

Soft reset worked. 

Options

4 Posts

01-25-2013

Fort Lee, NJ

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 6 of 7

2013-07-17, 14:31 PM

Thank you for posting this, you saved me a lot of aggravation.  Even Lenovo's service manual does not locate or describe this simple reset button! I received this tablet as a gift, and I will never buy myself another Lenovo product.

Options

1 Posts

07-31-2013

jubail,saudi arabia

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 7 of 7

2013-07-31, 5:14 AM

@ crankbait33 I experience it awhile ago of my a2107a-H ideatab and same as you do I sit it in an hour for fixing it. I almost gave up but I try to search for this problem and i found out your blog. Because Lenovo did not put to the manual where the reset button located for this simple problem..Anyway, Thank You for sharing this information. Absolutely working!  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete