Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

10-29-2012

Roding, Germany

49 Signins

529 Page Views

• Views: 529
  • Message 1 of 1

A2109: GPS issues under JB

2013-07-18, 11:27 AM

Hello people!

I've had my A2109 for several months by now and I am really happy with it. Some time ago, I realized that I am having several problems with the GPS. I updated my tablet to JB (MCL201) and by now everything works as expected, except the GPS. The problem is that the tablet fails to set its location. I searched over the internet and found people having the same issue under JB across different platforms (being the most common some Samsung smartphones and the Google Nexus). Following the advice these forums, I managed to solve the problem using the GPS Test app. Basically what it does is keep the GPS on for longer so the tablet manages to get a location, with some help from the Wifi. Once the tablet manages to locate the satellites everything works, but it is necessary to repeat the process over time you turn off the GPS (and it needs around 15 to 30 minutes to "fix" it).

I read also in this forum that the A1 have problems with GPS signal acquisition, and looks like the problem can be found other Lenovo tablets. According to them, it is a software issue. I do not remember having this problem under ICS (I actually don't remember using the GPS in ICS, because I updated shortly after buying the tablet). So I would like to know if any of you have experienced problems with the GPS under JB. I know it is not a hardware problem, because the GPS actually works. It only needs longer to actually find the satellites.

Thinkpad Edge E525 (with AMD A8-3500M swap) / Ideatab A2109 (rooted Android ICS 4.0.4 with ClockWorkMod Recovery)

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply does not exists!"
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)