Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Cannot attach files

2021-02-01, 16:31 PM

TB-X306F Tablet 

"Files keeps stopping" message 

I have no technical knowledge other than to follow directions and read what other people post. I can see that this situation has something to do with the documentsui because other people are posting with the exact same problem and it started for everyone a couple of days ago. I cannot attach any files in Gmail or other email applications.

Options

4348 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

352 Signins

33392 Page Views

• Views: 33392
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Cannot attach files

2021-02-02, 14:10 PM

Hello @Beckstar2!

Glad to have you here!

Have you already tried to attach files by accessing your Gmail account using the Tab M10's web browser (Chrome, Firefox) to see if it will work?

Also, are you attaching files that are directly saved through the Tab M10's storage or are the files coming from other storage location (like Google Drive)?

And does this only happens when you're trying to attach a specific type of file?

Try to check first if there's an update to the Tab M10.

Please click this link to see the steps on how you can successfully update the Tab M10 to its latest version.

Also, please check if there's an available update for your apps as well.

Go to Google Play store and tap My apps & games.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

4 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-03, 13:35 PM

Hello,

Yes, I went through hours of trials to attempt a fix. 

I could not attach files (pics or documents) using various email apps nor could I attach by accessing email via chrome or Firefox browser. I checked for an update multiple times during a 24 hour period. 

Searching online, I found other people that had the exact same problem and it started the the exact same time so I knew it wasn't just me. Lenovo and samsung tablets. 

There appeared to be two file folders in my apps. The file folder that would come up when I was trying to attach to choose files from would crash every time. When I would go to it in my apps, I had no actions that I could take. I could only clear cache and data. THIS FOLDER WAS VERSION r_aml_301500700

What I ended up doing was downloading astro file manager. When I went into apps via the astro file manager, I had options. One was to delete the file. And that is what I did. Now, I can attach files like I did before.

So...what happened?

Andrea

Options

45 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

35 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-04, 6:39 AM

@ Beckstar2 wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I went through hours of trials to attempt a fix. 

I could not attach files (pics or documents) using various email apps nor could I attach by accessing email via chrome or Firefox browser. I checked for an update multiple times during a 24 hour period. 

Searching online, I found other people that had the exact same problem and it started the the exact same time so I knew it wasn' just me. Lenovo and samsung tablets. 

There appeared to be two file folders in my apps. The file folder that would come up when I was trying to attach to choose files from would crash every time. When I would go to it in my apps, I had no actions that I could take. I could only clear cache and data. THIS FOLDER WAS VERSION r_aml_301500700

What I ended up doing was downloading astro file manager. When I went into apps via the astro file manager, I had options. One was to delete the file. And that is what I did. Now, I can attach files like I did before.

So...what happened?

Andrea

It sounds like you uninstalled updates for the Files app (DocumentsUI). If so, then it will likely only be a matter of time until those updates get reinstalled automatically.

What you describe is likely the same process as going to App info (for Files) > "Kebab menu" (3 vertical dots in top right of screen) > Uninstall updates.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms