Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-27-2015

United States

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 3

Compatibility Lenovo Tab 11 Pro with Lenovo Pens

2021-07-01, 18:55 PM

Does anybody know what pen is compatible with the Lenovo Tab 11 Pro Android tablet? I manage to pair, but no reaction afterwards.

Thank you.   Hugo

Options

4942 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

377 Signins

36437 Page Views

• Views: 36437
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Compatibility Lenovo Tab 11 Pro with Lenovo Pens

2021-07-01, 21:27 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ mjhugo!

Glad to have you posting here!

Upon checking through the Tab P11 Pro's User Guide, it says in there that it can use  the Lenovo Precision Pen 2 in place of your fingers for a better experience, such as
working with specific applications to write or draw on the screen. 

With this, you may get in touch with our Lenovo Sales or with any third party shops in your area/region to inquire its availability.

Please click on this link to get the Lenovo Sales' contact details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

5 Posts

05-13-2021

Canada

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Compatibility Lenovo Tab 11 Pro with Lenovo Pens

2021-07-11, 6:02 AM

I have been researching this situation for a couple months now, since I got my P11 (not pro) model.  Firstly, in spite of what many people report, the digitizer in the P11 and the P 11 Pro differ considerably  The P-11 Pro works not only with Lenovo's Precision 2 pen (and perhaps others)  a Wacom's Active ES is an electrostatic capacitive pen, but it also works with Microsoft Surface pens and many of the 3rd party substitutes.  It seems to have dual technologies built in.  You can save yourself considerable amounts of money by buying a Surface Compatible pen.  The only thing I have still not absolutely determined is which series is required, because I don't have the P 11 Pro to test it with.  Perhaps someone who does, can shed more light on this.  Microsoft changed its system between the Surface 2 and Surface 3 and beyond.  The Surface 1 and 2 use a Wacom based pen design.  The 3 and beyond use N-trig.  Microsoft bought N-trig soon after releasing the Surface 3 (I am pretty sure it is the N-trig pens which work with the P 11 Pro (so if so, the Surface 3 and beyond)).

If you have a P 11 Pro, I suggest you consider trying to find someone with a Surface pen and see if it works for you before spending a considerable amount more for the Lenovo Precision 2 Pen.  Surface pens equivalents start at about $20.

Unfortunately owners of the PP 11 are not as lucky.  While the P 11 (not pro) only uses Wacom's AES system, that system can be "tuned" so it will only pair with specific pens only.  It would appear that the reason Lenovo might have been able to introduce the P 11 at such a reasonable cost, is by simplifying the digitizer and by requiring people who need an active pressure sensitive pen for it to buy the Lenovo Precision 2 pen at a premium price.  Honestly, had I known this, I would have sprung for the P 11 pro, because I do need the pressure sensitive stylus for my P - 11, and the price differential with that in mind is smaller than I had anticipated.  By the way, the P 11- Pro is also available with global firmware as the XIAOXIN Pad Pro, which is sold in China and Asia can be found at considerable savings to the Lenovo branded version.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms