Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

05-18-2015

United States of America

46 Signins

481 Page Views

• Views: 481
  • Message 1 of 12

Do you recomended a lollipop update to LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70?

2015-08-03, 2:40 AM

I found some many complaints about that updated, please lenovo what happened ???I just buy a LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70 today and have some many bugs with the Dolby app,WiFi,......I just wait to see if lenovo is working on any update,I have 15 days to return this tablet....please this tablet is great.... Not leave alone lenovo

Options

25 Posts

05-19-2015

western U.S.

16 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Do you recomended a lollipop update to LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70?

2015-08-05, 2:09 AM

Depends on what you want. If you get easily frustrated avoid it. If you like tinkering and a pure Android experience go for it. However be prepared to do a factory reset so if you loaded files and things you would be too lazy to send to the cloud or put on a hard storage devicce....keep 4.4  I like less bloatware and a cleaner slate so I'm OK with the sloppy version of 5.0.1 Lollipop. They get a revised one out once they figure that the small Gringo market warrants it.

Options

11 Posts

08-16-2015

Washington, dc

16 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 12

2015-08-16, 20:07 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

At least not until Lenovo corrects the bugs or "undocumented enhancements" many of us now experience such as:

- Intermittent WiFi connectvity

- Intermittent Dolby Atmos

Even after MULTIPLE master resets!

A good tablet gone bad.

No excuses, Lenovo!

Options

2015-08-20, 11:55 AM

My Tab 2 A10 is due to arrive today and I have high hopes for it - certainly has a lot of potential.

I'm an IT guy and have plenty of experience with equipment and don't mind a little mucking around, but obviously would rather use and enjoy the device as opposed to fighting it to work properly.  However, I have not ever bothered rooting any of my tablets so have no experience there.

That said, I note there appears to be a few unresolved issues with 5.01 Lollipop and I am trying to decide whether to update from KitKat or simply use it as-is.  However, the window to return the device if things go awry places a constraint and I am leaning towards performing the update in hopes it won't be too bad.

It would be very helpful if the original KitKat firmware were available or some other method possible to return the tablet to it's original version should I find that any issues are more frustrating than I am willing to deal with.

So.........  Should I update or not?  Are things better now?  Can I go back to KitKat if desired?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Options

88 Posts

06-08-2015

United States

243 Signins

1867 Page Views

• Views: 1867
  • Message 5 of 12

2015-08-21, 22:30 PM

My experience has been good with the update to Lollipop. I did do a factory reset after the install of Lollipop 5.0 as there were some issues. The update to 5.0.1 went well and I do not have the issues with WiFi that others have experienced. For me 5.0.1 increased the speed of wireless connection time and also brought improved battery life. 

As for going back to Kitkat, Lenovo does not provide a means of doing that. 

Options

25 Posts

05-19-2015

western U.S.

16 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 6 of 12

2015-08-21, 22:49 PM
My experience with the Lollipop upgrade parallels that of Gifford as he posted. That said you could always upgrade within the "return window" and if you're not happy return your device and buy another with Kitsap 4.4.2 installed.
Options

11 Posts

08-16-2015

Washington, dc

16 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 7 of 12

2015-08-22, 14:26 PM

I was initially very frustrated with the first update to 5.0.1.

INTERMITTENT Wi-Fi connectivity and poor battery life.

The most recent update (08-17) seems to have fixed these issues.

I will keep the message board posted if I discover any additional issues.

It took a while for Lenovo to get this right...and they may just have done so.

A good value at $199.00.

Anyone find additional discounts on this nice gem?

Purchased a nice swivel case on Ebay for $9.99.

Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231604725500?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=530840851156&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Options

2015-08-22, 21:40 PM

I figured that I'd give the update a try and if it didn't work out then I'd return it and buy another to keep KitKat...  

I'm happy to say that the upgrade to Lollipop went smoothly and everything appears to be working correctly - no issues with WiFi, audio, battery life or anything else that I can observe.  I initially thought that web browsing performance was a bit slower, but after some more use I now think it is at least equal if not better than KitKat.  I don't bother with benchmarks, for me it either feels good or it doesn't.

I upgraded my tablet shortly after receiving it, so I had not installed many apps before upgrading to Lollipop and the tablet was fairly clean.  The upgrade went very smoothly, taking about 15 minutes to install.  I received the architectural error others have mentioned after the primary upgrade, but ignored it and continued to install the last update that followed.  The last update suggested performing a factory reset which I did, and when the tablet rebooted all errors were gone.

All in all it was a painless experience and I am satisfied with the result.  I think two factors might be causing others some trouble...  I personally would start with a clean tablet, so if you have installed many apps I would perform a factory reset both before and after the Lollipop update.  My screen never went black for long, but in any event once the update starts you should just leave the tablet alone until it completes.  I set the sleep timer to max so it wouldn't power down while the update is in process.

Curiously, the major update to 5.01 Lollipop was identified by Lenovo as simply bug and stability fixes (but 1300+ MB), while the last patch with bug fixes had much more verbage and warned of data being deleted, and also mentioned performing the factory reset...  Lenovo should improve their changelog notes for these patches because the biggest one doesn't very clearly state it is upgrading to Lollipop.

Anyway, its cool that Lenovo keeps updating the tablet,  Asus never provided any updates to my old Memo Pad FHD10.  The Tab 2 A10 is a great deal and I'm very happy with it.

Options

16 Posts

08-27-2015

Accokeek, MD USA

23 Signins

333 Page Views

• Views: 333
  • Message 9 of 12

2015-08-27, 16:59 PM

The biggest reason I am wanting to update to Lollipop is due to two issues that are related directly to each other - lack of sufficient internal storage (over half the standard internal 8GB of storage is used by the system - leaving little more than one-third for apps or anything else) and inability to use microSD cards otherwise (a complaint here on the forums).  If you want more than a few apps - or plan on using microSD (and if you want more apps OR more storage, you WILL want microSD storage) then upgrading to Lollipop is a needful.  I'm still stuck at S000020, with no sign of S000027 via OTA (or any other way) - the only update I have even SEEN is S000021, which is apparently so mere that  it won't install, either (from internal storage).   I have a copy of the original ROM, so I am perfectly willing to "Guinea pig" the S000027 OTA update for the A7-30F; however, I have to get it first.  If you have to PM me a link to it, as long as it's verified, that's fine.

Options

20 Posts

09-13-2015

Czech Republic

33 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 10 of 12

2015-10-03, 16:04 PM

No. 5.0.1 not good. Interface in KK is better for me. LP have more problems on tab2.

LG G2, Asus TF101, Motorola G, Nokia 830, Samsung Tab2
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)