Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-04-2015

Los Alamos, NM

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Do you recomended a lollipop update to LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70?

2015-10-04, 0:56 AM

I had my tablet for about 24 hrs now.  I let it update to 5.0.1.  The first immediate problem was the google play store.  I had to download a new version of it via Chrome for it to work properly.  This was after doing a factory reset.  The second major problem was the Wifi.   The Wifi connection would drop every 3-5 minutes.   Turning the wifi off and on would reenable it but only for another 3-5 minutes. The "fix" for this was to change my Wifi router to use a specific channel rather than "auto" and I haven't had a drop out since.  

My goals for this tablet were pretty simple.  I wanted a PDF reader, an internet browser, and to be able to watch pre-recorded programs from my Tivo Roamio on my tablet.  I'm satisified at this point.   I see the wifi issue to a be a potential problem if the same issue exists on most public wifi access points but I have no idea if it does or not yet.

Options

8 Posts

10-06-2015

Germany

11 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Do you recomended a lollipop update to LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70?

2015-10-11, 10:05 AM

I purchased mine (L-version) about a week ago and did the update almost immediately, as I hadn't read the posts here at that time. I didn't and don't regret it. There were for short periods connection losses to the WiFi, but not recently (i.e. the last 24 hours or more). There were two updates provided since my update to Lollipop, all minor ones, but that shows that Lenovo is working on providing bug fixes etc.

I don't recommend the update, but I also do not warn against it. If you are willing to live with some differences to the previous Android version, go for it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms