Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-17-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 7

How to add apps to favorite bar on home screen

2021-02-17, 18:15 PM

This was a pretty simple feat on my old Samsung tablets. Just got the Yoga Smart Tab and I was able to remove the apps I didn't want from the favorites area but once I did that I'm unable to add any others there. I was trying to drag and drop them into one of the 6 spots but they all bounce out of there and are sent to the apps page instead. Any suggestions?

Options

2227 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

252 Signins

22357 Page Views

• Views: 22357
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:How to add apps to favorite bar on home screen

2021-02-17, 18:32 PM

@ Mommainternet wrote:

This was a pretty simple feat on my old Samsung tablets. Just got the Yoga Smart Tab and I was able to remove the apps I didn' want from the favorites area but once I did that I' unable to add any others there. I was trying to drag and drop them into one of the 6 spots but they all bounce out of there and are sent to the apps page instead. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Community Forums @Mommainternet!

Nice to have you here!

You may check on this link as well as this other link to see the steps on how you can add apps into the Favorites bar of your Yoga Smart Tab.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

02-17-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-02-18, 18:15 PM

Great that worked. Oddly it didn't work at first but then when I tried it again it did.

Second question my apps do not have any notification badges to tell you have many messages or notifications I may have. Is there somewhere to turn them on? This question has been asked in the forum but it was unresolved.

Thanks!

Options

2227 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

252 Signins

22357 Page Views

• Views: 22357
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-02-18, 19:54 PM

@ Mommainternet wrote:

Great that worked. Oddly it didn' work at first but then when I tried it again it did.

Second question my apps do not have any notification badges to tell you have many messages or notifications I may have. Is there somewhere to turn them on? This question has been asked in the forum but it was unresolved.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response @Mommainternet!

Try to go to Settings > look for Notifications and tap it > search the app then enable or disable app icon badges by flipping the Allow icon badges switch on or off respectively.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

02-17-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-02-19, 0:57 AM

Thanks for your prompt response but no luck. The only icon that had a notification badge was Settings to tell me of an update. All others have no notifications. Since that is the case is there a system wide notification I might not have on?

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-02-19, 6:23 AM

@FaceTime PC wrote:

This was a pretty simple feat on my old Samsung tablets. Just got the Yoga Smart Tab and I was able to remove the apps I didn' want from the favorites area but once I did that I' unable to add any others there. I was trying to drag and drop them into one of the 6 spots but they all bounce out of there and are sent to the apps page instead. Any suggestions?

You may mind this connect to see the means on how you can add applications into the Favorites bar of your Yoga Smart Tab.

Options

7 Posts

02-17-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-02-19, 13:55 PM

For anyone else looking to have Notification Badges appear on their apps on their home screen you can install Nova Launcher and that did the trick but you'll need the paid version $4.99 to do that. You can also search in settings for "Notification Access" and make sure that is on. Glad I watched enough YT videos to figure this out because I thought I was going to have to return the tablet.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms