Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-05-2021

Poland

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 5

Bricked Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, how to unlock for flashing

2021-09-05, 16:28 PM

I've got a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, YT3-X50L that I'd love to make operational again. I've already tried "Rescue and Smart Assist", but it says that the device isn't connected properly, so I can't flash it this way. Neither can I flash using QcomDLoader, because it can't see the device when it's connected (plugging an usb cable while holding volume up, it should work and the flashing should start, but nothing happens). The tablet's system data might have been somewhat corrupted, it doesn't boot normally or even into recovery move, the only thing that seems to be working is fastboot, though there is a disturbing bar of color pixels on the side of the screen when the device is on(I'm sure that the screen is intact, it's a software issue). I booted into fastboot, connected the tablet to my PC, tried to flash, but I can't, because it says that the device is locked (FAILED (remote: 'device is locked. Cannot flash images')). Neither can I unlock the device using fastboot oem unlock (FAILED (remote: 'oem unlock is not allowed')). Is there any way to save my tablet? Obviously I can't unlock OEM flashing via android settings, because I can't boot the device normally. Please, help me.

P.S: If there is another possible solution other than unlocking and flashing then I'm all ears, I'm open for suggestions. My primary objective is to get that tablet to work.

Options

5718 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

418 Signins

40932 Page Views

• Views: 40932
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Bricked Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, how to unlock for flashing

2021-09-06, 17:33 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ None1234321 !

Glad to have you posting here!

Please check if there's an available update to the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool and download/install it then connect the Yoga Tab 3 again and see if you'll be able to re-flash it successfully.

Aside from that, try using a different cable in order to connect the Yoga Tab 3 to a Windows PC or laptop and re-flash it using the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool.

You may also download the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool using a different Windows PC or laptop then repeat the re-flashing process again.

It can be downloaded through this link which also have its User Guide.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

09-05-2021

Poland

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-09-16, 14:51 PM

Thank you Adriel for replying to my post.

Sorry for the delay, but eventually I've done everything you've mentioned, namely:

I've installed the most recent version of Rescue and Smart Assistant on two independent computers and I've tried flashing via three different usb cables, all of which I'm sure are data cables and, most importantly, one of them is the original cable for this tablet.

Unfortunately it has all been in vain, as I haven't succeded, so I'm up for other suggestions.

Options

5718 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

418 Signins

40932 Page Views

• Views: 40932
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-09-16, 20:56 PM

@ None1234321 wrote:

Thank you Adriel for replying to my post.

Sorry for the delay, but eventually I've done everything you've mentioned, namely:

I've installed the most recent version of Rescue and Smart Assistant on two independent computers and I've tried flashing via three different usb cables, all of which I'm sure are data cables and, most importantly, one of them is the original cable for this tablet.

Unfortunately it has all been in vain, as I haven't succeded, so I'm up for other suggestions.

Thanks for the update @ None1234321 !

It would be advisable to bring the device to any local service providers near your area for further recommendations towards this especially if there's a possible hardware concern that would require repairs for it to work properly again.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire about their store's policy when it comes to repairing out of warranty devices.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

09-05-2021

Poland

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-09-16, 22:00 PM

Thank you for your answer Adriel, but such partners are rather scarce in my area and I'd really prefer resorting to them to be an absolute last-resort option. Is there really nothing else I could try on my own?

I've mentioned in my first post that one thing that seems to be working is
fastboot, which is how I've learnt that the device itself does not allow flashing or unlocking:
FAILED (remote: 'device is locked. Cannot flash images')
FAILED (remote: 'oem unlock is not allowed')

Could we perhaps try looking at the problem from this perspective? Can the fact that the device reports these errors be the reason why Rescue and Smart Assistant or QFil don't work? Maybe there are some fastboot commands that could take a healthy ROM and repair what's been corrupted on the device by, as far as I know, probably a misused fastboot .bat script from the firmware?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms