Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-14-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

IPhone Hotspot + Lenovo Tab4 10 connection failure

2019-11-14, 1:47 AM
  1. Recently I got the Iphone 11, ever since then my tablet won't connect to my phones hotspot.  I have a Lenovo Tab4 10. Every time I type it in it says it's a saved network but says "password may be incorrect" and won't connect. I've tried restarting both, completely resetting my tablet, and changing the password on my hotspot. I love my tablet but now it's useless since I can't connect to wifi. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!!! 
Options

1847 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

234 Signins

20352 Page Views

• Views: 20352
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: IPhone Hotspot + Lenovo Tab4 10 connection failure

2019-11-14, 11:32 AM

wrote:
  1. Recently I got the Iphone 11, ever since then my tablet won't connect to my phones hotspot.  I have a Lenovo Tab4 10. Every time I type it in it says it's a saved network but says "password may be incorrect" and won't connect. I've tried restarting both, completely resetting my tablet, and changing the password on my hotspot. I love my tablet but now it's useless since I can't connect to wifi. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!!! 

Welcome to the Community Forums !

Would just like to get additional details from you for this to be sorted out properly:

• Does this also happens when you're connecting the Lenovo Tab 4 10 to a different connection?
  • Are other devices able to connect on your iPhone 11's hotspot?

Here are some of the steps that can be performed here:

• Reset your iPhone 11's network settings. Go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Enter your passcode and confirm the action. Once done, set the hotspot again.
  • As soon as you're able to reset the iPhone 11's network settings, have the hotspot to be removed/forgotten on your Lenovo Tab 4 10. Reset the device and try connecting it again.

Update us on how it will go through.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

11-11-2020

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: IPhone Hotspot + Lenovo Tab4 10 connection failure

2020-11-11, 3:24 AM
Even i face the same problem when trying to connect hotspot from iPhone 11 to Lenovo P2 android mobile its saying "password may be incorrect". This is happening only for this Lenovo P2 alone. When trying to connect from iPhone 11 to other android its connecting, its also getting connected to Lenovo laptop also. Kindly suggest
Options

2 Posts

01-24-2021

Slovakia

28 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:IPhone Hotspot + Lenovo Tab4 10 connection failure

2021-01-24, 14:08 PM

I have the same problem but with my iPhone SE (2020). My tablet Lenovo TAB4 10 Plus (TB-X704F) won't connect to my iPhone hotspot. 

Every time I type password (correct of course) in it says it's a saved network but says "password may be incorrect" and won't connect.

I've tried restarting both, completely resetting my tablet, and changing the password on my hotspot on iPhone.

Firmware of Tablet and iPhone have the latest version.

However, it is very interesting that with older types of iPhone (for example iPhone SE -1 st gen., IPhone 6), there is no Hotspot connection problem.

Options

2 Posts

01-24-2021

Slovakia

28 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:IPhone Hotspot + Lenovo Tab4 10 connection failure

2021-02-20, 16:21 PM

I have the same problem but with my iPhone SE (2020). My tablet Lenovo TAB4 10 Plus (TB-X704F) won't connect to my iPhone hotspot. 

Every time I type password (correct of course) in it says it's a saved network but says "password may be incorrect" and won't connect.

I've tried restarting both, completely resetting my tablet, and changing the password on my hotspot on iPhone.

Firmware of Tablet and iPhone have the latest version.

However, it is very interesting that with older types of iPhone (for example iPhone SE -1 st gen., IPhone 6), there is no Hotspot connection problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms