Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

06-14-2012

USA

79 Signins

331 Page Views

• Views: 331
  • Message 881 of 1116

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

2012-07-20, 0:02 AM

TBURKETT:

Have you ever done a factory wipe?  I had similar problems until I did this.  Ever since, this tablet has been great.  No lockups, no crashes (apps = yes, tablet = no).

mileage may differ, but this 'fixed' all my issues, even with the lenovo launcher. (the launcher was my bigest complaint)

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2012

Florida

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 882 of 1116

2012-07-20, 1:26 AM

Also posting to let Lenovo know another customer is waiting for ICS, and I don't mean Internet Connection Sharing either LOL

Options

12 Posts

07-19-2012

Montreal

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 883 of 1116

2012-07-20, 2:41 AM

Sure I may be did over pay for it. At that time I did not regret it, because Lenovo always made quality products and really stood up to their name. Now I am very disappointed and to be honest k1 is a good tablet don't get me wrong. But as a company, if you promise something - you need to do it. Because at the time of the purchase that advertising was a selling point and if I were to get a lawyer I wonder how far it would get me... I am sure this could a class case ;)

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2012

Chilliwack

9 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 884 of 1116

Re: Tired of Waiting and hoping for ICS for my K1

2012-07-20, 6:25 AM
I had the random locking up and non responsiveness, then one day my k1 just froze and kept freezing after resetting. I sent it in for warranty repair and i have had it back for a month and have absolutely no problems at all except YouTube videos dont play very well. They keep buffering every few seconds. Anyway lenovo replaced the mainboard on my unit and Im telling you Im very impressed with this tablets performance now. Runs smooth. Apps run fine.
Options

2 Posts

07-20-2012

Chilliwack

9 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 885 of 1116

2012-07-20, 6:32 AM
I was responding to someone with similar problems. Not sure what happened there. I want my ICS. Lol
Options

9 Posts

11-09-2011

Singapore

30 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 886 of 1116

2012-07-20, 8:41 AM
Nexus 7 is coming to Singapore in September. Hopefully my K1 will receive ICS by then. Else it will only make sense to trade my K1 for Nexus 7 ...

Many of my apps run only in ICS ... Lenovo, do something for your customer!!!
Options

8 Posts

07-19-2012

Croatia

18 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 887 of 1116

2012-07-20, 12:42 PM

I bought the device without investigating too much, because I believed in Lenovo promise. Now I see that the USB host cable  I will not be able to buy, and that no one knows when they will upgrade OS to ICS. I need ICS because I need NTFS on my SD card. 

I am disappointed very much!

Options

8 Posts

07-19-2012

Croatia

18 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 888 of 1116

2012-07-20, 12:45 PM

My status is "What's DOS?"

So Lenovo, DOS is short for "disk operating system" ask old Bill!

Cheers

Options

19 Posts

01-06-2012

United States

55 Signins

246 Page Views

• Views: 246
  • Message 889 of 1116

2012-07-20, 12:52 PM

wrote:

Jfkerekes,

I have no explicit proof - however, the fact that the Medion Lifetab has ICS OTA packages being served from the same folder as the K1 OTAs ( http://download.lenovo.com/slates/k1/OTA/ ) and the fact that they're the same device with different branding strongly indicates that there is a complete working ROM in someone's possession. 

The issue that Mark describes (not being able to distribute the Play Store on a worldwide ROM) sounds plausible, since there is plenty of evidence that the Play Store is region-specific.

GMARKALL,

I hear and understand what you are saying, but, at the rist of sounding like a lot of the "nay sayers" on this forum, and believe me I am not one of those, you must keep in mind that the Medion Life Tab is not an EXACT copy of the K1. There are hardware differances, otherwise, the ICS image for the Life Tab would work on the K1 and nobody here would be whinning right now. Secondly, The Life Tab is getting thier ICS delivered to them by the ice cream truck (read OTA) while I have to go to wal mart and pick mine up myself (read Manual flash which wipes everything) While I am ok with this because I can back up/restore any data I need to save, a lot of people are not. They want the quick, easy route of OTA that does not wipe any data. But I digress... Thirdly, remember, we are getting a plain vanella release of ICS. No Lenovo branding, no, bloat ware... The Life Tab, I assume, has all the the Medion/Lenovo stuff included. and lastly, if you read my entire last reply, as well as several of my other replies on this subject, you will see that I support the idea that the market IS what is holding up the release because of all the region specific issues involved and for all the reasons I listed.

I just simply was curious if you were guessing, no insult intended, or if you had an inside look into Mark and Lenovo and where they really were with this. Your screen info and avatar appear in the same sort of Frame and style that all of the other posts from Lenovo people appear in, and , since your previous posts showed your name and avatar appearing as any other person on the forum, I was wondering if you actually worked at Lenovo and had insight, or if you had just figured out how to format the identity to look like theirs?

Options

3 Posts

07-20-2012

Canada

3 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 890 of 1116

2012-07-20, 12:53 PM
Hello Lenovo R&D department is anyone home? Hello? Hello??? We are all still waiting for you to get your act together and release ICS for K1. The link below said the K1 should be receiving an OTA upgrade beginning in April 2012. It is now almost the end of July 2012 and still no update and absolutely no offical word from Lenovo on the status of their ongoing delay. This is ridiculous, despicable and unprofessional behaviour on your part. Take some pride in your organization, respect your customers and give us at least an explaination for the delay. It is not fair to leave us all hanging. http://www.lenovo.com/news/mp/en/2012/03/thinkPad-K1TabletUpgrade.html
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)