Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Intermittent Screen Lock. Tab M10 FHD Plus (TB-X606X, TB-X606V, TB-X606F) - Type ZA5T

2021-04-04, 13:16 PM

I've seen a lot of posts regarding this problem on other forums but couldn't find the topic here.

I bought the M10 FHD Plus 4 GB ram, 128 GB Storage a few weeks ago.

The tablet immediately upgraded.

The tablet is great but there is an intermittent screen lock that happens consistently while performing any activity.

Seems to be prominent while lying down  (screen angled downward slightly.)

• Locks while
    • Watching videos
    • Reading
    • Browsing
    • Creating documents
      • Doing anything.

The only time I havent had this happen is when the tablet is completely stabalized in the horizontal position leaned backward. 

I'm guessing there is a sensor issue? It seems even the slightest movement will lock the screen. 

I've tried turning off screen lock compltely, disabling screen rotation, and other varying options.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Intermittent Screen Lock. Tab M10 FHD Plus (TB-X606X, TB-X606V, TB-X606F) - Type ZA5T

2021-04-05, 20:27 PM

Hello @ bwguyer!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Try to check still if there's an available update to the Tab M10 FHD Plus and download/install it.

Also, try signing in using a different account into the device and see if it will still lock the screen intermittently.

If it does, you may proceed in performing in factory reset to the Tab M10 FHD Plus itself.

Make sure to backup the files first since performing a factory reset will erase all files that are stored in the machine.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:Intermittent Screen Lock. Tab M10 FHD Plus (TB-X606X, TB-X606V, TB-X606F) - Type ZA5T

2021-04-06, 1:30 AM

I updated via the tool and the tablet seems much better than it was.

The problem seems to be much less prone to tablet position but still locks occasionally while switching applications.

It's livable now; however, I'll still replicate, record, an feedback more when I know more.

I did create another user instance and the result from a short test time was similar to my existing account.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-07, 16:47 PM

@ bwguyer wrote:

I updated via the tool and the tablet seems much better than it was.

The problem seems to be much less prone to tablet position but still locks occasionally while switching applications.

It' livable now; however, I' still replicate, record, an feedback more when I know more.

I did create another user instance and the result from a short test time was similar to my existing account.

Thanks for updating us @ bwguyer!

No worries, you may provide an update to us here anytime so that we can assist you better.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-19, 13:46 PM

Update on 4/19/2021

So after the update the tablet seemed somewhat better for a short while.

Tablet started acting up again and ultimately got worse and more intermittent locks.

Long story short. 

A few nights ago the screen picked up  a very grainy look with lines. Looks to be a hardware issue so the tablet has been sent to the service center.

Hopefully the process won't take long to get the tablet back.

I'm hoping the hardware issue was also the intermittent screen lock issue. 

I will keep updated once I get the tablet back.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-20, 15:40 PM

@ bwguyer wrote:

Update on 4/19/2021

So after the update the tablet seemed somewhat better for a short while.

Tablet started acting up again and ultimately got worse and more intermittent locks.

Long story short. 

A few nights ago the screen picked up  a very grainy look with lines. Looks to be a hardware issue so the tablet has been sent to the service center.

Hopefully the process won' take long to get the tablet back.

I' hoping the hardware issue was also the intermittent screen lock issue. 

I will keep updated once I get the tablet back.

Thanks for responding @ bwguyer!

You may definitely post here again at the Community Forums once the Tab M10 FHD Plus has been returned to you from repairs.

Regards,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms