Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

60 Posts

01-27-2012

NH

53 Signins

291 Page Views

• Views: 291
  • Message 21 of 23

Re: K1 charging dock on sale

2012-02-17, 1:15 AM
If you want a cheaper charger that should work with the dock or keyboard dock, you should be able to get the charger for an Acer Iconia tablet for about $15.  The Iconia charger uses the same 3mm plug and the same 12V output.

If you get a cheap generic off fleabay or something, be careful because many of those only put out a half amp or so, which is actually not enough to charge the iconia (let alone the K1).

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The iconia charger is 12v / 1.5a with a 3mm plug but i believe the plug is too short to reach the center pin. You could,if you wish, graft the plug from the dongle whichwould eliminate the need for the dongle, but if you have the skill todo that, you're also likely to know that you could get a surplus 12v wall wart at 1.5+ amps for like five bucks surplus.
Options

4 Posts

02-18-2012

United States

5 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 22 of 23

2012-02-18, 0:41 AM

wrote:
If you want a cheaper charger that should work with the dock or keyboard dock, you should be able to get the charger for an Acer Iconia tablet for about $15.  The Iconia charger uses the same 3mm plug and the same 12V output.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The iconia charger is 12v / 1.5a with a 3mm plug but i believe the plug is too short to reach the center pin. You could,if you wish, graft the plug from the dongle whichwould eliminate the need for the dongle, but if you have the skill todo that, you're also likely to know that you could get a surplus 12v wall wart at 1.5+ amps for like five bucks surplus.

I bought this Iconia charger today http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Iconia-Tablet-AC-Power-Supply-Travel-Pack/16560714  

As walter1313 noted above the plug is too short for the charging dock and will not power it.  

However that charger just fits the keyboard dock (the fit is loose, and not snug like the dongle), and it powers up the keyboard dock. I am returning it though - the cord is too short in my opinion.  

It could be beneficial to those folksoutside the US that have the keyboard dock and can't get a Lenovo charger - that charger comes with multiple plug ends for different countries.

Options

5 Posts

01-24-2012

Russia

10 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 23 of 23

2012-03-23, 15:48 PM

hello people!!!!

i`m from russia, and i cannot find the charger for K 1

who can help me and buy it for me and send it to Estonia(i have friends there) or directly to russia!!of coz i` m going to pay!!!!!

please!!!help me!!! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms