09-06-2013

US

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 13

K1 issue with Google Market / Play Store

2013-09-10, 16:56 PM

I have done a factory reset to my K1 tablet.  When it resets, I see the Google Market on the home screen.  After I went to the Market and downloaded my first app and I exit out of the Market and now the Play Store is now visible in my Apps screen on my K1 (where it was not visible there before).  When I try to run the app I downloaded I get the following error message The application Google Play Store (process com. android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again and there is a Force Close button.  After I open the downloaded app I get the same error message.  When I hit the Shop button on the top of the home screen it shows both the Market and Play Store.  When I select the Play Store I get that same error messgae.  When I select Market it takes me to the Google Market but I cannot download any apps.  I greatly appreciateand advise or help to resolve my tablet.

Solved! See the solution
Options

1242 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: K1 issue with Google Market / Play Store

2013-09-12, 10:18 AM

Dear Customer 

Welcome in lenovo forums

I Recommend if you can make System software update

Steps :-

1- Go to setting and select About tablet

2- Click on System software update

Note : the device should be connected to the internet 

Let me know

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-11-2013

canada

15 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 13

Re: K1 issue with Google Market / Play Store FIX

2013-09-12, 15:55 PM

Hey everyone, just got my lenovo k1 tablet.  it was second hand so i did a factory reset on it. immediately lost playstore. when i went to market few times playstore would come back but had force close issues.  Read all forums..tried cleaning cache in the playstore app and uninstalled updates. this worked only till i went back to market. finally i got the fix.   step 1- go to settings>applications>manage applications (all apps).   step 2 - find the playstore app and clear cache and data.  DO NOT uninstall updates. Do this for the market app as well step 3 - hit the back button that will bring you too the main settings screen. 4 - under accounts and sync.  you should see your gmail account next to the g.  click your account and in the top right hand corner select 'remove account'.  MAKE SURE YOUR SIGNED OUT OF EVERYTHING LIKE G+, You tube> chrome, etc..........................POWER OFF YOUR K1.  restart the tablet and go to the google playstore icon. it will tell you you need to sign in and accept terms and cond. when you sign in you should have the google playstore....no more issues of force close...hope this hepls. let me know......IH8TV.                               

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

09-06-2013

US

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 4 of 13

2013-09-16, 23:19 PM
This worked! Thank you very for taking the time to help people solve this issue.
Options

4 Posts

09-11-2013

canada

15 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2013-09-17, 10:55 AM

GREAT! thanks for letting me know. Glad it worked for you.

Options

6 Posts

10-30-2012

new delhi

20 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 6 of 13

2013-09-21, 14:56 PM

Thanks to ih8tv

This really helped me out. Google play store issue was pissing me off since last week.

Did lots of google but couldn't help me out. Finally Google drag me to your post and it got my issue fixed :) 

Thanks a lts again.

Step 1- Go to settings>applications>manage applications (all apps).
Step 2 - Gind the playstore app and clear cache and data. DO NOT uninstall updates. Do this for the market app as well
Step 3 - hit the back button that will bring you too the main settings screen.
Step 4 - under accounts and sync. you should see your gmail account next to the G. click your account and in the top right hand corner select 'remove account'.
MAKE SURE YOUR SIGNED OUT OF EVERYTHING LIKE G+, You tube> chrome, etc... POWER OFF YOUR K1.
Restart the tablet and go to the google playstore icon. It will tell you you need to sign in and accept terms and cond. when you sign in you should have the google playstore....
No more issues of force close...hope this hepls. let me know

--

Prem Soni

Options

4 Posts

09-11-2013

canada

15 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2013-09-21, 18:57 PM
Thanks Prem. I'm glad this worked...

Options

1 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

8 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 8 of 13

2013-11-14, 19:38 PM

These steps help me for a short time but as soon as I try to update any apps from the Google Play store, the problem re-appears quickly.  I've even gone back to the factory reset a 2nd time to try and eliminate the error.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-

Options

1 Posts

11-22-2013

texas

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 9 of 13

2013-11-22, 17:42 PM

Ahh. I have been dealing with this same issue for nearly a year. I have a Dell Streak 7.

Many fix suggestions but none worked.   Thank you one million times this suggestion worked!!!  I can finally use my tablet!

Options

1 Posts

11-26-2013

USA

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 10 of 13

2013-11-26, 15:34 PM

Excellent!  Worked for me, so far ... downloaded 6 apps, updated 7 others.

One additional item, my K1 release included only the Market (old).  After the recommended steps, the system then walked me through updating to Google Play (current).

Cliff

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete