Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-14-2013

Morganton, NC

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 8

K1 locked and password forgotten

2013-03-14, 19:17 PM

We have two android K1 tablets and my daughter locked one with a password and has now forgotten it.  There is no reset button and I had someone unlock it before by hooking it up to the internet and I cannot figure it out myself.  Any help with unlocking/resetting to get it open.  I know I will have to go back to factory settings and that is okay. 

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: K1 locked and password forgotten

2013-03-15, 18:17 PM

wrote:

We have two android K1 tablets and my daughter locked one with a password and has now forgotten it.  There is no reset button and I had someone unlock it before by hooking it up to the internet and I cannot figure it out myself.  Any help with unlocking/resetting to get it open.  I know I will have to go back to factory settings and that is okay. 

You're pretty much limited to two options.  If you have previously set up that K1 with a Google account (required for downloading apps from the Play Store/Android Market), and if you have the tablet set up so that it automatically connects to your WiFi when powered on (you can see if it's connected by the icon in the lower right), then supposedly if you try unlocking the tablet several times in a row, it will eventually prompt you to enter your Google account userid and password, and will unlock the screen - assuming you have the right login credentials and the working Internet connection.

If not, then you are stuck with doing a full reload/wipe of the tablet.  The downloads and instructions for doing that can be found here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets-Knowledge/Recover-to-Lenovo-Android-3-2-for-K1-Tablet/ta-p/813633

Make sure to read through the instructions carefully.

Options

3 Posts

04-14-2013

Poland

5 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 3 of 8

I'm don't remember my password to my tablet Lenovo.

2013-04-14, 15:26 PM

Hi. I'm don't remember my password to my tablet Lenovo k1. How can I do factory reset? I haven't got a root in my tablet.
I'm not good at English,
so,,, If I make mistakes in my English,please pardon me.:cathappy:

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 4 of 8

Re: I'm don't remember my password to my tablet Lenovo.

2013-04-18, 7:58 AM

Hi Schell72 & Katrina_Kate,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Lenovo Community,

I’d like to advise you how to reset the tablet settings,

Please follow the below steps and I’d like to confirm to you that all the data and application on the tablet will be lost:

Step1: Turn off the tablet and then hold down power button and volume down volume up button and the white screen will come up until it vibrates,

Step2: Use the volume + or Volume - to move, and power to choose, Please select "wipe cache”, then choose "yes”, after done, choose "wipe data factory”, choose “yes".

Step3: After all done, reboot your system.

And you will see that the tablet is wiping all the data on the tablet and it will be back to the initial state.

Hope the information helps. Let us know.

Regards

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

05-21-2015

Riyadh

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 8

2015-05-21, 13:48 PM

Dear sir,

I forgot my lenove patern password 

could you help me 

Options

9066 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77866 Signins

2232465 Page Views

• Views: 2232465
  • Message 6 of 8

2016-11-25, 17:27 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

2 Posts

11-09-2017

Ireland

8 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 7 of 8

2017-11-09, 19:15 PM
Options

2 Posts

11-09-2017

Ireland

8 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 8 of 8

2017-11-10, 18:06 PM

can anyone tell me how factory reset a  Lenovo  tablet  I've lost the email address and password. On my sons tablet, so am locked out, when I click on the emmc it still looks for an email address.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms