Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-02-2021

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo M10 FHD plus TP-X606F with Alexa ring doorbell notification and answer doorbell

2021-03-02, 14:55 PM

Hi,

Anyone know how to set up Alexa show mode to get ring doorbell notification and answer doorbell.

Alexa app doesn't detect the tablet show mode properly, it shows up in Alexa device in the app but cannot be choose in ring doorbell.

Options

2876 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

284 Signins

25737 Page Views

• Views: 25737
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Lenovo M10 FHD plus TP-X606F with Alexa ring doorbell notification and answer doorbell

2021-03-02, 16:26 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @c8chiu!

Great to have you here!

You may follow the steps found in this link to see some steps on how you can get to have the Tab M10 FHD Plus to be seen properly in Alexa app and for it to be selected for your in-ring doorbell as well.

Make sure that the Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus is updated to its latest version and so with the Alexa app as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

03-02-2021

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re:Lenovo M10 FHD plus TP-X606F with Alexa ring doorbell notification and answer doorbell

2021-03-02, 17:10 PM

Hi,

My Lenovo Show mode and ring doorbell are already in the alexa app as you can see in the screenshot files.

My issue:

1. under lenovo show mode device, "Home Screen Background" doesn't work (show in the screenshot files).

2. under ring doorbell, no lenovo show mode device, it just have my echo dot and show5.

my question is what cause for these issues and how to fix it? it seems like alexa app has trouble to fully recognize the lenovo show mode. I hope it's not a bug that can be fixed.

it will be so disappointed if it's a bug that cannot fix as it's the main reason i buy this tablet that so i can see outside the door when someone ring the bell.

thank you

Mark

Options

2876 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

284 Signins

25737 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-03-02, 21:22 PM

@ c8chiu wrote:

Hi,

My Lenovo Show mode and ring doorbell are already in the alexa app as you can see in the screenshot files.

My issue:

1. under lenovo show mode device, "Home Screen Background" doesn' work (show in the screenshot files).

2. under ring doorbell, no lenovo show mode device, it just have my echo dot and show5.

my question is what cause for these issues and how to fix it? it seems like alexa app has trouble to fully recognize the lenovo show mode. I hope it' not a bug that can be fixed.

it will be so disappointed if it' a bug that cannot fix as it' the main reason i buy this tablet that so i can see outside the door when someone ring the bell.

thank you

Mark

Thanks for the update @c8chiu!

Check first if there's an update to the Alexa app itself through the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

If there's none, it would be advisable to have this be reported directly to the Alexa app support itself so that this can be checked as this may seem to be a concern with the app.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-02-2021

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-03-02, 21:55 PM

Hi,

Yes. It's up-to-date.

Version 1.0.2652.0.

Where to report the error in Alexa app?

Options

5 Posts

03-02-2021

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-03-04, 16:32 PM

Hi,

I just contacted alexa app technician support from amazon and they said the lenovo show mode is not compatible for Canadian market, so the function will not work.

Can you confirm it?

i will have to contact customer service to return the device.

thank you

Mark 

Options

2876 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

284 Signins

25737 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-03-05, 15:36 PM

Thanks for responding @c8chiu!

Usually, features like this should work especially if it's something that came out of the box but since the feature needs to use the Alexa app itself which is connected to Amazon Cloud services/servers, we cannot tell on which features they can support not unless other members here at the Community Forums also experiences this same issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms