Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo M10 HD (2nd Gen) Slow ...

2021-02-22, 9:07 AM

I have my tablet just a week old and it's slow. Pages or tabs come up slow. Gboard appears slow. There is always that delay when you're waiting for the keyboard or an app to be launched by default  when you click a link that you tend to think what gives for a 4GB+64GB Octa-Core ChipMediaTek Helio P22T Tab ?  The tablet I previously used was the Lenovo Yoga  2 GB RAM and that gives  ;-).    I'm stumped as to why Lenovo M10  HD (2nd Gen) is slow.  The slowness keeps reminding me I should have gotten another Yoga.

Options

1936 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

238 Signins

20767 Page Views

• Views: 20767
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo M10 HD (2nd Gen) Slow ...

2021-02-22, 13:56 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums PlasticPlates!

Nice to have you here!

Try to perform a power drain to your Tab M10 HD first by pressing and holding the Power button for like 5 seconds then turn it off and turn it back on again after a minute then test its performance again.

Also, please check first if there's an available update for your Tab M10 HD.

You may follow the steps found on this link to successfully update it.

Please see if there are available updates for the app(s) that you're using on the device through the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo
Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Lenovo M10 HD (2nd Gen) Change Device Settings UI to Google UI

2021-03-08, 13:15 PM

1.  Is there a way to revert back to the Google Device Settings UI which I am more familiar with ?  A friend who has a lenovo smartphone can do it from Lenovo Device Settings UI. 

2.  I actually noticed that my friend's smartphone has the Google Device Settings UI as the Default and the Lenovo Device Settings UI as the alternative which can be enabled from Device Settings. In my tablet the Default UI is the Lenovo Device Settings with it's simplified and multi-colored  icons in UI. I actually prefer to see Google's Device Settings but don't see any way to enable this in Device Settings.  

3.  The reason I have an affinity with Lenovo devices is because, I know that it's the closest one to pure Android (less bloat, easy to operate, easy to troubleshoot). Compare this other's like Xiaomi which has a learning curve that frankly needs a significant amount of time to learn. I don't have this or maybe I'm just can't be bothered to take the time to read and learn.  Xiaomi users are also quite aggressive in asking developers to make their apps work in Xiaomi.  I read the reviews at the Market so I know .  You can imagine how far Miui is from Android Vanilla.  They always need a workaround for apps to work.  I prefer simple and easy to operate out of the box.

4.  In this regard, are there any plans for Lenovo to release Android One versions on their Smartphone and tablet in the future. Though I can probably understand there wouldn't be any need to do this because Lenovo's Android is most probably the closest to Pure Android in the market. I just wonder because Nokia and Xiaomi are releasing Android One versions albeit in a limited series. Isn't it not that this Android One segment would definitely be targeting Lenovo share considering Lenovo android with it's almost pure Android as it is known.

Best regards,

Options

1936 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

238 Signins

20767 Page Views

• Views: 20767
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo M10 HD (2nd Gen) Slow ...

2021-03-10, 16:47 PM

Thanks for the update @ PlasticPlates!

Please click this link to see on how you can manage your Google device's settings.

Also, you may check the Lenovo Android Upgrade Matrix to see if your device is qualified for future Android OS upgrades.

You may go to our Lenovo support site and hit the Feedback button for suggestions and ideas about the next Android OS upgrade for Lenovo devices.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms