Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-24-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo M10 TB-X505F - broken Digital Wellbeing and Family Link

2021-03-24, 11:54 AM

Hi

Got this tablet, Lenovo M10 TB-X505F, and set it up for a child.  However, for some reason it's not recording the time it's being used ("screen time", "Daily Limit").  Digital Wellbeing is showing it as "0 minutes" and Family Link is also showing it as "0 iminutes".

It's on Android 10, current version TB-X505F_S001130_201229_ROW, "Soft version" is TB-X505F_RF01_190430

One other thing I did notice is that on the Settings app "User & accounts" is spelt "User & accouns".

Last thing - is there no "schedule" option for the "Dark theme" setting?

Options

2834 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

282 Signins

25512 Page Views

• Views: 25512
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo M10 TB-X505F - broken Digital Wellbeing and Family Link

2021-03-24, 13:17 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ testman!

Great to have you here!

Try resetting the Tab M10 first by pressing/holding the Power button for 5-7 seconds then select reset/restart.

After that, set the screen time limit for your child again. Make sure that the child profile/account is signed in to the Tab M10 when doing this action and check if it'll work afterwards.

Also, select the desired app(s) that you want to restrict your child using with by tapping the "Set limit" option.
Please note that System apps (pre installed) can't be limited.

You may check additional details about the Digital wellbeing & parental controls through this link.

As for setting a timer to the Dark theme mode on the device, it can be only set manually as of the moment by going to the Display settings though, you may provide this suggestion by submitting a feedback directly to the Lenovo support site by hitting the Feedback button as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

03-24-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-03-24, 13:43 PM
Hi Thanks. Holding the power button brings up a "Restart" dialog with a 3-second countdown and an OK and CANCEL button - if I keep hold of the power button it restarts, same as with tapping the OK button - letting go cancels the coundown and the dialog disappears. I elected to restart but same issue persists even when changing it via my Family Link app on my phone. One thing I did try was to go to Settings, Digital Wellbeng And Parental Controls, then under the "Screen time controls" header I click on either "Daily limit" or "Bedtime". The Google manual states that I'm supposed to be asked to enter my sign in details for my account or I get to enter the Parent Access Code here. Instead I get a screen labelled "Daily Limit" or "Bedtime" with 7 check boxes on the right but no other text on this page.
Options

3 Posts

03-24-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-03-27, 11:12 AM

There was a firmware update which corrected the spelling mistake but the screen time recording is still broken, as well as it ignoring all restrictions set.

So I went further - I removed the child account and weirdly the "Digital Wellbeing and parental control" page in Settings once again showed the Digital Wellbeing controls as well as a link to the Family Link parental controls.  However, unfortunately I couldn't add the child account on again ("Something went wrong" kept on appearing).

I wiped the tablet and set it up with the child account again, and once again the "Digital Wellbeing and parental control" page displays the Family Link controls page, and NOT the Digital Wellbeing page.  It still won't record the screen time and will not restrict the tablet even when restrictions are set in the Family Link app on my mobile.

The Lenovo build of Android 10 is clearly broken for this use case (setting up a tablet with a child account).

Any chance Lenovo can fix this?

Options

1 Posts

06-09-2021

Italy

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-06-09, 16:45 PM

Same problem here with TB-X606FA :-(

Options

2834 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

282 Signins

25512 Page Views

• Views: 25512
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-06-10, 21:34 PM

@ abogani wrote:

Same problem here with TB-X606FA :-(

Hello @ abogani!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Please see if you can uninstall the Google Family Link app straight from the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

Once done, reinstall the app and test it again.

You may also click on this link for additional details.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms