Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-11-2021

Bulgaria

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo M10 X605F Forgotten PIN

2021-02-11, 13:47 PM

Hi,

I have a Lenovo M10 X605F.

I have left it for few months, but now I have forgotten the PIN for the tablet.

I have tried everything I could find, including to flash the Android using the Lenovo utility.

Factory reset.

Nothing, it still requires PIN or account, but when I opt to use my Google account either nothing happens, it ask constantly for confirmation due to timeout(it appears to be 1 sec) or after entering the mail and confirmation from my phone, it returns me to the screen where I have to enter my email.

Can anyone help me how I can fix this - either flash/reset completely the OS or how to use my gmail to enter the tablet? 

Answer
Options

2298 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

255 Signins

22652 Page Views

• Views: 22652

Re:Lenovo M10 X605F Forgotten PIN

2021-02-11, 14:12 PM

@ Xlmk wrote:

Hi,

I have tried everything I could find, including to flash the Android using the Lenovo utility.

Factory reset.

Nothing, it still requires PIN or account, but when I opt to use my Google account either nothing happens, it ask constantly for confirmation due to timeout(it appears to be 1 sec) or after entering the mail and confirmation from my phone, it returns me to the screen where I have to enter my email.

Can anyone help me how I can fix this - either flash/reset completely the OS or how to use my gmail to enter the tablet? 

Welcome to the Community Forums @Xlmk!

You may check on this link to see the steps on how you can access your Tab M10 again if you've already forgotten the password, pin or pattern.

Just look for the tab in there that says "User has forgotten their Password, PIN or Pattern".

Make sure to use the correct Google account ID and password to successfully confirm the action.

Please use the original Google account ID and password that was used to the device when it was set up the first time.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

2298 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

255 Signins

22652 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2021-02-11, 14:12 PM

@ Xlmk wrote:

Hi,

Factory reset.

Welcome to the Community Forums @Xlmk!

You may check on this link to see the steps on how you can access your Tab M10 again if you've already forgotten the password, pin or pattern.

Just look for the tab in there that says "User has forgotten their Password, PIN or Pattern".

Make sure to use the correct Google account ID and password to successfully confirm the action.

Please use the original Google account ID and password that was used to the device when it was set up the first time.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2021

Bulgaria

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-11, 14:24 PM

Hi,

I tried this solution, but it doesn't work.

First I tried to enter multiple wrong PIN numbers - I gave up at 24th one, as I didn't get the option for Forgotten password.

After that I tried the Factory data reset, but it appears the PIN encryption is retained and still requires it. 

At this point I got the option for Forgotten password and tried using my Google account, but it resulted in before mentioned issues - after entering the data it would return me to the point to enter my email or say "Something went wrong" - tried this about 50 times, as I read somewhere it could work by accident.

After that I followed the guide for flashing the ROM in case the PIN is lost, which didn't change anything - on first startup it still asks for PIN or Gmail(which option still won't work).

Also I tried multiple accounts just in case, but still no luck.

Only thing I haven't tried is to wait 24 hours and try again.

EDIT: I tried again and this time it works, the issue seems to be with Google. The process works, but the Google account fails to authenticate.

Options

2298 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

255 Signins

22652 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-02-11, 15:07 PM

@ Xlmk wrote:

Hi,

I tried this solution, but it doesn' work.

First I tried to enter multiple wrong PIN numbers - I gave up at 24th one, as I didn' get the option for Forgotten password.

After that I tried the Factory data reset, but it appears the PIN encryption is retained and still requires it. 

At this point I got the option for Forgotten password and tried using my Google account, but it resulted in before mentioned issues - after entering the data it would return me to the point to enter my email or say "Something went wrong" - tried this about 50 times, as I read somewhere it could work by accident.

After that I followed the guide for flashing the ROM in case the PIN is lost, which didn' change anything - on first startup it still asks for PIN or Gmail(which option still won' work).

Also I tried multiple accounts just in case, but still no luck.

Only thing I haven' tried is to wait 24 hours and try again.

EDIT: I tried again and this time it works, the issue seems to be with Google. The process works, but the Google account fails to authenticate.

Thanks for the update @Xlmk!

Great to know that the Tab M10's working fine again, great job!

As for the Google account, it would be advisable to sign in to your Google account itself and add more security proofs like an alternate email or phone number so that it'll be more easier to recover/verify the account if needed to, in the future.

You may definitely post here again at the Community Forums anytime you want.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms