Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo M8 FHD - Question about Widevine

2021-01-29, 17:48 PM

Hello, I recently purchased the M8 FHD model.  I've seen posts here and on other forums that some users have received software updates that changed their M8 devices' Widevine certification to L1, although Netflix still is stuck on SD. 

My M8 has the latest updates, however, DRM info still shows Widevine L3.  Is there an update that I should install manually or other steps that I should take to benefit from the Widevine upgrade?  Thanks.

Options

1936 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

238 Signins

20767 Page Views

• Views: 20767
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo M8 FHD - Question about Widevine

2021-01-29, 18:15 PM

@ LenovoM8User wrote:

Hello, I recently purchased the M8 FHD model.  I' seen posts here and on other forums that some users have received software updates that changed their M8 devices' Widevine certification to L1, although Netflix still is stuck on SD. 

My M8 has the latest updates, however, DRM info still shows Widevine L3.  Is there an update that I should install manually or other steps that I should take to benefit from the Widevine upgrade?  Thanks.

Welcome to the Community Forums @LenovoM8User!

Glad to have you here!

You may click on this link to see the list of devices that can play Netflix titles in HD content.

Also, Netflix in HD only works in devices that does have Qualcomm Snapdragon, HiSilicon Kirin, MediaTek MT6768/6769/6779/6785 and Samsung Exynos 980 chipsets.

Please check this previous post for reference.

Upon checking through your device's specifications, it uses MediaTek Helio P22T as its processor/chipset.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms