Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-11-2018

Germany

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo M8 FHD: awful sensitivity with each and every capacitive stylus tried. Solution?

2021-02-01, 14:52 PM

I would like to be able take notes with my new Lenovo M8 FHD. Surprisingly, although the touchscreen does work with fingers, it fails miserably with each and every capacitive stylus I've tried: some areas of the screen somewhat work, some (especially top quorter) require the soft tip styluses (tried multiple different) to be pressed down really hard strictly perpendicularly to leave more then occational dots. Active stylus with copper tip did work a little bit better but it is still barely usable anywhere outside small portions of the screen.

I've tried all these styluses on other tablet and a phone and they did work flawlessly, only lenovo fails.

I use the tablet on my in-flight kneeboard so this is a very big issue for me. Is there any way to adjust the calibration to improve on this?

Options

1913 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

237 Signins

20667 Page Views

• Views: 20667
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo M8 FHD: awful sensitivity with each and every capacitive stylus tried. Solution?

2021-02-01, 15:44 PM

@ _mav wrote:

I would like to be able take notes with my new Lenovo M8 FHD. Surprisingly, although the touchscreen does work with fingers, it fails miserably with each and every capacitive stylus I' tried: some areas of the screen somewhat work, some (especially top quorter) require the soft tip styluses (tried multiple different) to be pressed down really hard strictly perpendicularly to leave more then occational dots. Active stylus with copper tip did work a little bit better but it is still barely usable anywhere outside small portions of the screen.

I' tried all these styluses on other tablet and a phone and they did work flawlessly, only lenovo fails.

I use the tablet on my in-flight kneeboard so this is a very big issue for me. Is there any way to adjust the calibration to improve on this?

Hello _mav!

Glad to have you here!

As for this concern, this entirely falls on the type of stylus or pen that you will be using for the Tab M8 FHD.

Upon checking through the Tab M8 FHD's specifications, it says in there that it doesn't support pen(s) like Lenovo Active Pen(s) though capacitive styluses should work on the device as long as it mimics or emulates its capacitive-type multi-touch since it supports a 10-point touch (finger) system.

It is advisable to get in touch the stylus manufacturer that you are using for the device right now to inquire if the stylus itself does have a sort of like a file or application that will allow you to configure its sensitivity or might as well get in touch with retail stores/tech shops to get recommendations for stylus that will work properly with the device that will not cause any issues when it comes to pointing capabilities or even penmanship/writing features itself.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

07-11-2018

Germany

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo M8 FHD: awful sensitivity with each and every capacitive stylus tried. Solution?

2021-02-01, 16:20 PM

Hello Adriel, thank you for your quick response!

The styluses I used are supposed to emulate finger. They included:

- rubber tip stylus as seen here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01F3UKP7Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- "High sensitivity" conductive fiber stylus here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0894K7V8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Active universal capacitive pen here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T9JXRMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All did produced intermittently broken results, so they are generally compatible with the screen type(!) but the screen seemingly has sensitivity blind spots on this particular tablet. All styluses did work e.g. on my Motorolla G6 phone which is the same touchscreen type as tablets. None of the styluses I'm aware of for capacitive touchscreens comes with a specialized software.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms