Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

06-06-2019

Australia

51 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo P10 WiFi signal significantly lower when in Landscape orientation

2019-12-05, 5:23 AM

It took me a little while to figure out what was happening, but after experiencing what I believed to be 'random' WiFi drop outs on my P10 for a few weeks, I finally recognised that the WiFi drop outs are happening when the tablet is moved to Landscape orientation.

So far I have tried:

Reset tablet

Reset router

Change router channel to less congested WiFi channel

Change router channel to lower frequency (goes through walls better)

Change the position and orientation of the router (strongest signal seem to come from front of router).

Factory reset router (Telstra, Technicolor)

Changed router to old router (Telstra, Netgear)

Changed router to even older router (Netgear, B, G, N only, no AC)

Forget network settings on Tablet, re-add network

Factory reset tablet (performed last night).

Is it expected that that the signal strength is 10 - 15 dB less whilst the tablet is in landscape orientation or is this a fault with my unit?

I gathered several dozen logs from tablet before I factory reset it so I can got back and figure out what's happening and can provide new logs.

After disconnecting, the tablet frequently won't reconnect, even if I reorientate it to portrait.

Sometimes, the tablet will disconnect in portrait mode and won't reconnect until I move closer to the router, despite the signal strenght being "Good" or "Excellent"

Frequently, I receive an "Association rejected" error, even when the signal strength shows "Good" or "Excellent" after I connect.

Options

1913 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

237 Signins

20667 Page Views

• Views: 20667
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo P10 WiFi signal significantly lower when in Landscape orientation

2019-12-11, 16:33 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums mikejt86!

Nice to have you here.

Would just like to get additional details from you for this to be sorted out:

• What router are you using right now?
  • Have you already tried to connect the device into a different WiFi connection? 
  • What's your tablet's current Android OS version?

Try enabling/disabling the tablet's Airplane mode just for it to be refreshed and forget the same WiFi network (again) and connect to it again.

Also, try connecting the P10 tablet to a different WiFi network/connection like school, library, malls or even coffee shops (free) just to see if the device will also get disconnected.

Let us know what will happen.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

22 Posts

06-06-2019

Australia

51 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re:Lenovo P10 WiFi signal significantly lower when in Landscape orientation

2020-04-16, 7:12 AM

Hello,

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this thread I have been putting up with the issue for quite some time now. However given current global circumstances and spending a lot more time at home I've decided to follow up on this issue.

I'm currently using my Lenovo Yoga 330 without issue on my front deck, a place where I usually get constant drop outs on my Lenovo P10 tablet.

I'm currently using a Netgear R7000P router. I purchased this router hoping that it would resolve my issue but after getting it the issue persisted. Previously, I was using a router provided by my ISP, a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, and before that a C6300BD-1TLAUS, also provided by Telstra. The issue persisted on all of these devices. I have also tested the tablet whilst connecting to my brother's WiFi network at his house (several kilometers away), and experienced the same issue.

The P10 is currently on Android version 9, Build number TB-X705F_S210135_191212_ROW. Checking for updates says that I'm on the latest version.

I have put the tablet into Airplane mode, forgotten all network's, then turned off airplane mode and re-entered the networks. In portrait mode, the tablet connects and seems stable. As soon as I rotate the tablet to landscape, the tablet almost instantly disconnects.

This issue is isolated to my P10. I don't recall if this issue was present when I first got my P10, but I'm fairly certain I would have noticed it if it was.

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Please let me know what I can do to help resolve this issue.

Michael

Options

22 Posts

06-06-2019

Australia

51 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-06-02, 4:46 AM
Should I contact someone else regarding this issue?
Options

11 Posts

01-07-2020

United States of America

20 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-06-03, 10:01 AM
I have the same problem. Tablet was in authorized service, but they said there is no problem with it and they send it back... Lenovo and their products... Never again
Options

1 Posts

01-22-2021

Netherlands

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 6 of 8

Lenovo P10 WiFi signal significantly lower when in Landscape orientation

2021-01-22, 18:02 PM

I have the same problem. Download speed drops from 80Mbps to 0.2...

I did reset everything, applied all the tips, but problem remains. Completely reproducable, back & forth. HELP!!!!!! 

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 8

2021-01-28, 16:48 PM

I have the same problem with my Lenovo tablet.  My wifi signal strength is excellent but the internet speed tests are 2 to 4 mbps.  If I place the tablet within 1 foot of the wifi router I can get double the internet speed.  Placing the tablet in landscape worsens the wifi speed.

Options

254 Posts

03-14-2019

United States of America

383 Signins

1697 Page Views

• Views: 1697
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-01-29, 1:46 AM

My m10 tablet fhd 2nd generation also has Wi-Fi droppage. About twice as slow as it should be. I noticed this after the last update with Android 9.0

I have not tried landscape portrait mode to see if there's a difference.but I've reset the tablet and done everything else trying to figure out what's wrong. So it's more than one model of Lenovo tablets that's doing this

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms