Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-17-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo TB-8505FS Re-insert SD card

2020-12-08, 15:51 PM

Since the day I bought this tablet, this has been happening. I will insert the SD card, (it is a Gigastone MicroSD 128Gig. Nothing fancy and not too big). I will format it as internal storage. I will not touch it. I will use it to put apps and books and things we should be able to put on it. Next day, next week, next hour, my table will say please reinsert SD card. Everything I have on it will disappear. I will do as instructed, but it will not show up. I have to reformat the card.

This is getting old, really fast. I like the tablet, but the way the SD sits in there sets it up for this. My tablet is up to date with the latest software. I've only had this thing for 2 months. I want my tablet to work. I'm tired of spending hours trying to get the thing to work. Any help would be appreciated. 

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2021

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo TB-8505FS Re-insert SD card

2021-02-12, 2:42 AM

I had similar problems with Asus tabs, only in that case the tablets could not reformat their previous encryption, so I had to buy new cards.

Skipping the techno babble, your problems boil down to your tablet's compatibility with your sdcard so the card is beginning to fail. 

Do NOT just get any old card!  There are cards made for the demands of moving apps to run from the card. Search online for cards that are A2 compatible. On shopping sites, look at the pictures, the logos for the various standards that particular product meets are on the package and the card itself.

For more, go-to sdcard.org/consumer

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms