Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: Lenovo Tab 4 10, FM Radio using battery when not in use

2018-12-03, 22:13 PM
Options

8 Posts

05-16-2018

United States of America

23 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 12 of 15

2018-12-07, 23:10 PM
My Tab 4 8 reports that the FM radio, which I have never used, uses 25% of the total app power usage, which explains why the battery life is so much shorter than it used to be. I've disabled its background usage in hopes that will stop the drain. Why on earth is this a system app anyway?

-- oobleck
Options

35 Posts

11-29-2017

United States of America

53 Signins

398 Page Views

• Views: 398
  • Message 13 of 15

2018-12-09, 5:15 AM

I've completed a wipe cache, a factory reset, and then a battery calibration. The situation hasn't changed. The idle battery usage, leaving the tablet alone for 24 hours, is 2x or more higher. It goes from 1-2% to 4-5%. And FM Radio continues to enable backround activity by itself whenever I reboot, and use power in the Apps & Notifications screen (not the Battery screen). However, I did notice that FM Radio barely uses any power <20 mAh during a 24 hour idling. It's when I normally use my tablet when FM Radio's power usage rises.

My theory is that Oreo uses more power in idle, compared to Nougat. And maybe a system process is incorrectly reporting it's own power usage has FM Radio's power usage. If I could root my phone and uninstall FM Radio, I could  check if the idling power usage has changed or not, but I don't want to void my warranty right now.

Options

7 Posts

12-16-2016

United States of America

10 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 14 of 15

2019-02-21, 18:53 PM

Do these forums actually get monitored and/or does Moto/Lenovo actually act on this stuff? In short, I see this is a rather widespread problem, and I'm wondering if it will actually get fixed or if that last update we got will probably be the last as it is a budget device.

In short, this tablet was so cheap that the risk of paying to send it in and not having it be fixed as it's a software issue inherent to the build means my options are limited. I can sell it for pennies on the dollar and go get a Tab A 10.5 Samsung which are currently on sale, or if Lenovo is known to actually patch/fix stuff like this I may wait.

Options

4 Posts

03-09-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 15 of 15

2019-03-09, 15:34 PM

I just got this tablet and I'm pretty impressed with it for the price I paid. NOW....I have realized this awful battery drain bug since day 1. I've used greenify with out any luck. I've done the battery calibration thing without luck as well. I've even cleared cache and done factory reset through the OS and recovery mode with out luck. Ive turned off wifi, left device in airplane mode and even used battery saver with no resolve. Each time the battery would drain between 20 to 35% over a 7 hour period.

I decided to not use the productivity app over the last few days and that seems to have resolved the drain issue I don't think the Lenovo productivity app is designed for the Oreo 8.1 update and keeps SystemUI process running uncontrollably. That is what causing the System UI process to gobble the battery based on my observations and testing.

Has any one else tried this? Turning off the productivity app/function? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms