07-14-2018

IN

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 111 of 131

Re: Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus major issue - micro SD corruption

2018-07-14, 11:31 AM

Same issue .. I tried with 2 different SD card and after that both are not working fully damage ,

Which kindly of service lenovo provide to there customer , lenovo team not able to make a clean software User interface .. why ??

This is my second product of lenovo and this is last .. no going to waste money any more .. totally disappointed with services ,

If you are not able to make un proper UI Bugs free then why not you use clear android interface , 

After that I don't found any software update for the same.. always very poor response after sell no support from software team.. why ??

All device of Lenove Tab 4 8 Plus facing same issue of SD Card .. Are any body there who give us response property .. if this related to hardware then correct the same guide your all Customer Services Center and inform us , or if this all you able to fix with software send software update by next week . 8 Days is sufficient !! Why we people in trouble,  ?? Bcz we did mistake during puechpur.. 

Lenovo guys must think twice why the are lossing there customer over the compitition, learn from Xioami, Samsung , One plus how to build bugs free Android UI .

Options

3 Posts

07-16-2018

GB

13 Signins

273 Page Views

• Views: 273
  • Message 112 of 131

2018-07-16, 19:30 PM

For the purpose of accumulating data: I bought my Tab 4 8 plus (wifi only) only a couple of weeks ago, and so far I have not experienced any micro SD card issue. My card is a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb (100mb/s, class 10, U3) from amazon UK. I saved it as portable, and used the 'secret' contact command for log cleaning. I messed up the system during rooting, so actually I have used different earlier updates (July 17 - May 18), but none of them caused any problem with the card. 

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2018

NZ

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 113 of 131

2018-07-18, 2:27 AM

I brought a Tab4 8plus 6 weeks ago and having the same issue.  A pity really,  as I love the tablet....... Not sure what to do

Options

2 Posts

07-25-2018

AU

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 114 of 131

2018-07-26, 0:13 AM

Hi All,

I think the solution is to be patient. I got this same error  today and yesterday and tried to find a solution and stumbled on this forum - but did not help and put me down abit since my tablet is very new. 

Do NOT keep formatting the SD card - this would be what wrecking it in the first place. The SD card I use is a Samsung (pretty old) only a U1 version. Have been on my smartphone encrypted for the last 24 months or so....it's on the way out too as my phone getting slower and slower with this card. 

Prior putting it there, I have formatted it with Windows (not quick format) - and once put in to tablet for the first  time it asked to be formated again. 

So when you turn on the tablet, it WILL show you error on the SD card and ask you to click it to format, Do NOT do this. [I take it many people did this on this forum and ended up ruining their cards]

Login with your pwd, swipe finger prints, pwd etc to the main screen. ....if It still shows an SD card icon on the notification bar trying to tell you corrupted SD .....then you are stuffed 

no just kidding. [It will still show you that - depending on how many files in the tablet]

open the notification bar - it will still stay "Android is booting/reloading" along that lines. This takes time and it seems it cannot read the SD card properly during this period. Let it do the cycle and the SD card icon will dissapear (it would vary between each SD card). On my old U1 empty 32Gb card this took around 6 - 8 seconds. If you click format stratight away then the tablet does not have any chance to finish off its booting. 

once the notification dissaper, you can go to the "Storage >> External SD" then it will show the SD card is working normal. ....even it says error when you boot the device the first time around. 

Hope it helps people. 

Options

1 Posts

08-16-2018

GB

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 115 of 131

2018-08-17, 11:14 AM
I had issue with new tab 4-8+ not recognising a 128 GB micro sd card. the 1st contact with help desk (Gianluca) very poor and couldn't solve. 2nd contact (Sabina) was excellent and solved the issue by getting me to format the sd card first on my pc after which it was recognised by tablet.
Options

9 Posts

06-13-2014

IN

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 116 of 131

2018-08-20, 17:16 PM

I am facing SD card curruption repeatedly some times the restarts / shutdowns suddenly and on reboot SD Card curruption error displays. why phone is suddenly switched off not known , weather th SD card causing shutdown or shutdown causing SD curruption not known. once formated the card is working normal in other phones 

Options

20 Posts

02-08-2014

GB

33 Signins

262 Page Views

• Views: 262
  • Message 117 of 131

2018-10-17, 10:43 AM

Having waded through 12 pages of these posts I have only just seen some hope from the last couple of posts. 

I have a 2 day old tablet and have just ordered an Evo plus 128 gig card for it and found this thread when looking for info about what speed cards the tablet can handle.

My question is - how many people have used SD cards without an issue ?

I know there are 12 pages here but Lenovo must have sold thousands of these tablets so we could be seeing an issue that affects 1 in 10, 1 in 50, 1 in 100, 1 in 1000 - who knows ?

I have quite a few other cards in the house but have bought a new one specifically for this tablet. I am tempted to try a few now but think I will wait until later when Amazon arrives.

EDIT: The new Samsung Evo+ 128 gig card has arrived. I did a deep format using Windows as advised above. Turned off tablet - put card in - turned on tablet and waited 5 minutes. It appeared in the notification bar and I was given to the option to use it as a portable card or format it to use only in the tablet where it could be used for apps and photos. I chose to leave it in the tablet and it formatted it. The only issue was it warned that it appeared to be slow and I should consider getting a faster card. There are not many that are faster than an Evo+ so there might be an issue there although I think it will probably settle down. Quite pleased and if I do get any problems I will come back and update here.

Update #1   The card is in and working but does have some issues in this dedicated mode imo

* Settings/Storage shows it as present and you are given the option to reformat it as a removable card that can be read by other devices.

* The File Manager app that comes preinstalled on the tablet cannot see it and just reports the 16GB memory status. I have never had a file manager on any Android device before and have always had to download one from the Playstore. This one is $hit so i am going to delete it but it is a nice thought ;)

* FX File Expolrer only reports the 16GB as local storage but does show the card in Storage Tools/Mount Eject

* ES File Explorer also only reports the 16GB as local storage and does not show the card anywhere.

I normally use FX but am surprised about ES as that is usually pretty good. Both apps are the free versions. FX is a better app anyway as it is ad free.

It is too early to decide how robust the card is. I will have to wait until the inbuilt 16GB is full and then I will find out. Got the feeling that it will work ok. 

Hope this helps - would be good to hear from anyone who has more experience using a card - good or bad  ..... 

Options

2 Posts

07-25-2018

AU

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 118 of 131

2018-10-17, 11:13 AM

Since my last post, I am using 200Gb with no issue with the exact same technique.

I think It still show error msg (sometimes - but maybe all the time but I may not notice as I just leave it alone after it restarts) during booting just wait for it until it finishes its booting cycle. I still auto restart it once a week.

Once the booting cycle finished and has no message left, no issue accessing everthing and very2 fast.

Very productive tool for meetings and work in general.....at least so far.

....cant really say the same with my yoga 2.

Options

6 Posts

10-29-2018

IN

4 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 119 of 131

2018-11-04, 3:23 AM

I think some bloatware is causing these problems. One of them could be the file manager.

Options

20 Posts

02-08-2014

GB

33 Signins

262 Page Views

• Views: 262
  • Message 120 of 131

2018-11-05, 13:47 PM

There is also that keyboard with the dozens of language files. I can't remember the name of it as I have deleted it and the languages. I read somewhere that it was written in China and has been linked to dodgy adware. I have to admit though that the number of translations is very impressive - there are languages from some really obscure places that I have never even heard of ! 

A quick update on my card - it is a few weeks now and it is working perfectly and it is really good to have a tablet with over 128gigs of storage :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete