Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 18

Lenovo Tab M10 2nd Gen Microphone Problem

2021-07-13, 9:31 AM

This problem is related to either headphone 3.5MM Jack (on the tab) OR some internal settings related to the microphone.

When I start any call (audio/video) with headphones (3.5 MM Jack) it works fine. But, during the call if I unplug the headphone, other people on the call cannot hear me. call should automatically switch to the inbuilt microphone, In my case, it is not happening. 

In the same call if I again plug-in the headphones then mic starts working again.

Options

4397 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

354 Signins

33652 Page Views

• Views: 33652
  • Message 2 of 18

Re:Lenovo Tab M10 2nd Gen Microphone Problem

2021-07-13, 14:35 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ SachinDhakulkar!

Glad to have you posting here!

Does it only happens when using a specific app that requires the use of the mic?

Please test with other apps as well like Messenger, Skype etc. if the issue will occur.

Try starting any video/audio call without the headphone plugged into it and see if you'll be able to communicate properly using the Tab M10's built-in mic.

Another thing to do from here is to plug the headphone into the headphone's jack while in the middle of the call after answering it (call) without the headphone is connected.

Also, please try recording a short audio clip to your Tab M10 2nd Gen by using the Voice Recorder app (or by downloading one in the Google Play store) without the headphone plugged into it and see if the mic will work.

You may also try using another headset/headphone into Tab M10 2nd Gen and see if the issue will also occur.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 18

2021-07-14, 8:45 AM

Question: Does it only happens when using a specific app that requires the use of the mic?

Answer: No it happens with all apps, even our normal phone calls also face the same problem.

Question: Please test with other apps as well like Messenger, Skype, etc. if the issue will occur.

Answer: Tested with a normal phone call, Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams

Question: Try starting any video/audio call without the headphone plugged into it and see if you'll be able to communicate properly using the Tab M10's built-in mic.

Answer: Once the tab is restarted above scenario works fine.

Question: Another thing to do from here is to plug the headphone into the headphone's jack while in the middle of the call after answering it (call) without the headphone is connected.

Answer: Already tested, It works fine with the above scenario, But the problem starts when I unplug the headphones in an ongoing call, once the headphones are unplugged the other person on the call cannot hear me.

Question: Also, please try recording a short audio clip to your Tab M10 2nd Gen by using the Voice Recorder app (or by downloading one in the Google Play store) without the headphone plugged into it and see if the mic will work.

Answer: Done, recording works fine without headphones (but, again after restarting the tab)

Question: You may also try using another headset/headphone into Tab M10 2nd Gen and see if the issue will also occur.

Answer: Tried 3 different headphones, facing the same issue.

I also work with the IT service industry and understand these basic troubleshooting steps, My observation is something is wrong with the headphone jack or some application-related issues.

Options

4397 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

354 Signins

33652 Page Views

• Views: 33652
  • Message 4 of 18

2021-07-14, 18:32 PM

Thanks for the update @ SachinDhakulkar!

Please check if there's a Dolby app on your Tab M10 and if disabling it will allow the mic to work properly.

If the app's not available/found on the device, please proceed in performing a factory reset to your Tab M10.

Make sure to backup the files first to avoid data loss.

Please click on this link to see the steps on how factory reset can be done.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2021-07-15, 5:42 AM

Hi,

I did the full factory reset. Still facing the same issues. Kindly suggest.

Options

749 Posts

09-18-2012

Slovakia

1569 Signins

27528 Page Views

• Views: 27528
  • Message 6 of 18

2021-07-15, 10:05 AM

Hi @ SachinDhakulkar,

we will try to debug this issue, could you please confirm if the phone call is by SIM card network (I know you have tried different calling options, but this needs to be confirmed to the technical team) and the model name is TB-X306X ?

thanks, Zuzana

Zuzana
Smart Home Community Lead

Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2021-07-15, 12:26 PM

Hi,

Yes, I confirm that the phone call is by SIM card network and the model name is TB-X306X. 

I am really looking forward for your support.

Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2021-07-20, 10:27 AM

Hi,

Any update on this?

Options

9 Posts

07-13-2021

India

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2021-07-24, 2:05 AM

Hi,

Can anyone help me please, I am struggling with my new Lenovo Tab microphone issue.

Options

6 Posts

12-10-2017

Spain

15 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 10 of 18

2021-08-09, 7:35 AM

Hi. 

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread (not my intention), but I think it is related.

I have observed similar problem.

When I start a Duo call, it all works just fine, both sides of the call can hear each other, but after a random time (often around a minute, but sometimes even less...or much more), the other side can not hear me, even if I can hear them perfectly. Only way to solve that is to close the call and call again, very annoying as you can imagine.

Every now and then, the tablet shows a message saying something like: "some other app is using the microphone"(I couldn't capture the message). I made sure there are no other apps with permissions to use the microphone.

The reason why I think it may also have something to do with your issue, is because if I understood you right, you say that when the headphones are connected all is fine, but when you unplug them, then the problem appears. So it may be, that in that case, it comes to my scenario. Have you tried the call without the headset? I bet that in that case you will face same problem as I face.

I will disable the dolby atmos app and see if that helps. It is really frustrating that I cant use a brand new tablet for video calls.

I will be following this thread in case there are news and report also if disabling the dolby app fixed the problem for me.

Once more, I hope this helps and we can solve this issue.

Javier

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms