Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

Netherlands

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 OTG, Cannot Read Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk!!!

2021-02-01, 21:55 PM

Dear madam / sir,

I bought a Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed) a few days ago and I really need the "On The Go" (OTG) function when I connect my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk to be able to read the data from the external hard Disk, without the need of copying the data first to my PC and then to my Tablet, which is very time and energy-consuming!!!

But when I connect the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 device to my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk, via the USB 2.0 OTG Type-C adator cable, the Tablet cannot read the external 4TB hard Disk!

But it works when I connect my Sandisk 16 GB USB Stick via the OTG cable to the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 Tablet, then the USB stick is being recognized and the device can read the USB 16 GB stick without any problems, showing that the OTG functions and that the Cable I use is not the problem! 

But when I connect my 4TB (4000 GB) external HD to the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 tablet, then the external hard disk is not being recognized! The blue (power) LED on the external HD lits up, showing that the external HD device receives power, but the data is not being read.

Now I've installed and configured an almost similar Tablet for my friend, a "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed" and everything works fine. The machine is able to read the 4TB external HD without any problem and real quick too!

My question is how come, what's the problem with the "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)" in comparison to the "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed"???

I really need this function, to be able to read the data and info from my external 4TB Seagate drive directly without the need of an extra medium computer to copy and paste all the data and info, which is very time consuming. If this thing don't function, then I don't want this new "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)", it doesn't work the way it should be!!!

Can someone please give me an answer, what's the matter, why can't I connect my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk to the  "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)" and simply read and write the data? Because if this don't work I don't want this Tablet, I'll bring it back and tell this to all my people.

I have a FB website with 20.000 followers who very interested in the answer to this question and the solution to this problem!!! Can anyone please help me, what can I do... what is wisdom???

Here is a weblink to the webshob where I Bought The Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed) Machine a few days ago (Dutch web shop!) >> https://www.bol.com/nl/p/lenovo-tab-m10-fhd-plus-32gb-grijs/9200000128444386/

And for comparison, here is web link to the "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed" from my friend, which I configured for him and everything works fine on this machine!!! (Dutch web shop!) >>  https://www.bcc.nl/computer/tablet/android-tablet/lenovo-tab-m10-tb-x505f-32gb-inclusief-sleeve/284798

Thanks in advance fro your quick reply

Roy Newman from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Europe

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 OTG, Cannot Read Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk!!!

2021-02-02, 16:57 PM

@ Rei Malak wrote:

Dear madam / sir,

I bought a Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed) a few days ago and I really need the "On The Go" (OTG) function when I connect my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk to be able to read the data from the external hard Disk, without the need of copying the data first to my PC and then to my Tablet, which is very time and energy-consuming!!!

But when I connect the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 device to my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk, via the USB 2.0 OTG Type-C adator cable, the Tablet cannot read the external 4TB hard Disk!

But it works when I connect my Sandisk 16 GB USB Stick via the OTG cable to the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 Tablet, then the USB stick is being recognized and the device can read the USB 16 GB stick without any problems, showing that the OTG functions and that the Cable I use is not the problem! 

But when I connect my 4TB (4000 GB) external HD to the Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 tablet, then the external hard disk is not being recognized! The blue (power) LED on the external HD lits up, showing that the external HD device receives power, but the data is not being read.

Now I' installed and configured an almost similar Tablet for my friend, a "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed" and everything works fine. The machine is able to read the 4TB external HD without any problem and real quick too!

My question is how come, what' the problem with the "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)" in comparison to the "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed"???

I really need this function, to be able to read the data and info from my external 4TB Seagate drive directly without the need of an extra medium computer to copy and paste all the data and info, which is very time consuming. If this thing don' function, then I don' want this new "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)", it doesn' work the way it should be!!!

Can someone please give me an answer, what' the matter, why can' I connect my Seagate 4TB External Hard Disk to the  "Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed)" and simply read and write the data? Because if this don' work I don' want this Tablet, I' bring it back and tell this to all my people.

I have a FB website with 20.000 followers who very interested in the answer to this question and the solution to this problem!!! Can anyone please help me, what can I do... what is wisdom???

Here is a weblink to the webshob where I Bought The Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 (TB-X606F with Android 10 default installed) Machine a few days ago (Dutch web shop!) >> https://www.bol.com/nl/p/lenovo-tab-m10-fhd-plus-32gb-grijs/9200000128444386/

And for comparison, here is web link to the "Lenovo Tab M10 (TB-X505F) 32GB inclusief sleeve with Android 9 default installed" from my friend, which I configured for him and everything works fine on this machine!!! (Dutch web shop!) >>  https://www.bcc.nl/computer/tablet/android-tablet/lenovo-tab-m10-tb-x505f-32gb-inclusief-sleeve/284798

Thanks in advance fro your quick reply

Roy Newman from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Europe

Welcome to the Community Forums Rei Malak!

Glad to have you here!

Just to ask:

• Can you please share your device's MTM (machine type-model) number here for us to check its specifications?
  • What type of cable adapter are using as well and where exactly are you plugging it?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

Netherlands

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-02-02, 19:03 PM

Good day sir,

thank you for your assistance!

The machine model is a Lenovo Tablet TB-X606F

And the cable I use is an USB 2.0 type-C (Male) to type-A (Female) adapter. See the image. USB 2.0 Type-C adapter (CM-AF)

Options

8 Posts

11-19-2020

Estonia

19 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-02-04, 22:57 PM

Hi ReiMalak!

I experimented with my LT-X606X with two USB hubs. The first was a HAMA 4: 1 5V / 1.2A powered USB 2.0 hub with a mini USB B to USB A cable, and with a USB A to USB C adapter - the OTG feature worked both unpowered and powered mode, with a native USB driver as well as with X-Plore file manager driver.

However, the other 8 in 1 USB hub with a USB C connector did not work in OTG mode

There is still a chance that the TB-X606F will not be able to power up the HDD

PPPeter

Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

Netherlands

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-02-23, 11:56 AM

Hi Mr. Peter. Sorry for my late reply! Thanks for your comment.

Someone else also advised me to try a USB hub with an external power, to power the external 4TB drive separately because, as he stated, the problem could be that the external drive is lacking enough electrical current to boost en/or to boot the external drive to be able to read and write to and from the external Hard Disk, to the Lenovo tablet.

I'll give it a try and I'll let you know if it works.

Stay tuned!

God Bless!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms