Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

• Views: 304
  • Message 1 of 20

Lenovo Tab M10 HD Questions - New to Android

2020-01-18, 10:46 AM

I just received my new Lenovo M10 HD tablet a couple of days ago.  I am not new to computers (been using PC's since the very early '80s) and I have had an iPhone for several years now.  But I am new to Android and just have a few questions.

First, I was unable to find the Quick Setup Guide here on the Lenovo Website.  I could find the User's Guide, but not the Quick Start Guide.  I know the Quick Start Guide comes with the tablet, but it's incredibly small and difficult to read.  Sure, I could take photos of the pages with my iPhone, or I could scan them, but that seems kind of silly.

The really important things to me that are in the Quick Start Guide but not in the User's Guide are the locations and names/functional description of all the buttons, and the information about how to insert the SD Card.  One thing I will say is that the images and text that show how to insert the SD Card leave a lot to be desired.  I assumed that the "tray" held the SD card by inserting it from the top down into the tray.  It took a while but I finally realized you have to insert the card from the bottom up into the tray.  Now that I know how to do it, the images make more sense.  But there should be detailed information explaining how to insert the SD Card.

By the way, I was able to find the Quick Start Guide online as a PDF.  It's exactly the same as the printed one that comes with the tablet, but I had to search for it and I found it on one of the online manuals websites that collect all kinds of manuals with the ability to download.

Also, does it matter if in the description of the app on Google Play store says "This app may not be optimized for your tablet" (or something like that)?  And I was looking for an app to make the background/wallpaper a solid color, and one similar to Windows File Explorer.  There are obviously a bunch of them and I was wondering if there was a way to determine which is best (other than the number of rating stars it has)?

Lastly, I will say that the apps for Android seem a bit lacking compared to the same apps (made by the same developer) on the iPhone.  The Norton apps don't work exactly the same, and the Norton Ad Blocker is only available for iPhone.  The Podcast App for Android has no way to log in and "import" all of your Podcasts that you already have configured on your iPhone.  I sent an email to the developer of the app and he said the Android version doesn't have the ability to sign in and "download" the Podcasts that you already have set up as Favorites, etc.  You have to go in and add them manually.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the new Tablet and am enjoying learning more about Android.  Thanks in advance to any help that anyone could give.

Answer
Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

Re: Lenovo Tab M10 HD Questions - New to Android

2020-01-20, 13:33 PM

Ah, yes, that link worked.  I was there the other day and I downloaded the User Guide from there.  But the Quick Start document was not there then.

I didn't know there was a "history" per se of what I downloaded.  I have the same Google account on both tablets, so it should be there.  Thanks!

Replies(19)
Options

2310 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22707 Page Views

• Views: 22707
  • Message 2 of 20

2020-01-20, 13:03 PM

Hello v015eyjd, nice to have you here!

Here's the Safety, Warranty & Quick Start Guide for your Lenovo Tab M10.

It contains instructions/details about the device's overview, how to prepare the device the first time you'll be using it and other helpful details.

As for the "This app may not be optimized for your tablet" message that you're getting/seeing when downloading an app, that means that you can still download/install the application on your device and use it though the app itself may not function properly due to app compatibility issue.

With that, it would be recommended or suggested to contact still the support team (publisher or developer) of the app that you'll be using in order to check with them if they'll be releasing a version of the app that's fully compatible with the tablet.

You can still change your tablet's wallpaper by pressing and holding anywhere on the home screen except the icons, tap Wallpapers, and then choose your preferred wallpaper.

Hope this helps you out and answers all of your concerns.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

• Message 3 of 20

2020-01-20, 13:13 PM

Adriel,

Yes, that is the document I was looking for.  Where is that on your website?  I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Understand about contacting the publisher or developer re: a possibly incompatible app.  Given that this Lenovo tablet is fairly new and that Lenovo is a large company that sells a lot of stuff, one would think that they would make their apps compatible at some point. :)

Regarding the Wallpaper, I don't want a "wallpaper" per se.  I just want it to be a solid black background.  I replaced a Naxa Tablet with the Lenovo Tablet and I was able to find an app to select a solid color wallpaper/background using it.  I didn't see the same app listed when I searched in the Google Store for it again.  It's possible I just missed it, but I reset the Naxa back to Factory Defaults and so I can't go back and look to see what the app was.

Options

2310 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22707 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2020-01-20, 13:28 PM

Hello again v015eyjd!

Thanks for the response!

You can find the quick start guide and other documentations through this link.

As for the app compatibility issue, hopefully it can be resolved by releasing an app update or even a system/OS update as well.

If your previous device also does have Google Playstore, you may try locating the list of applications that you've been installed to it before by opening/launching Google Playstore > Go/Tap My Apps & Games > Library. 

From there, you'll be able to find the previous app that helped you on your other device before so that you can use it again on your Tab M10 HD. Just make sure to sign in to the device using the same Google account that you've used before when you downloaded it on the other device/tablet.

Thanks!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Answer
Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2020-01-20, 13:33 PM

Ah, yes, that link worked.  I was there the other day and I downloaded the User Guide from there.  But the Quick Start document was not there then.

I didn't know there was a "history" per se of what I downloaded.  I have the same Google account on both tablets, so it should be there.  Thanks!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2310 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22707 Page Views

• Message 6 of 20

2020-01-20, 14:03 PM

wrote:

Hi again !

No worries, just update us here or create a new post/thread so that we can assist you on all of your concerns.

Hope we were able to help and answered all of your concerns.

Thanks again!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2020-01-27, 14:32 PM

I have another question.  On the left side of my tablet there is a <> tab that takes me to a YouTube page.  Can I delete/remove that?  Also when I swipe left to right I see stories that I might be interested in.  Can I remove/delete that as well?  Both of those items seem to be added features that I am not interested in having there.  Thanks in advance.

Options

2310 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22707 Page Views

• Message 8 of 20

2020-01-27, 15:38 PM

wrote:

I have another question.  On the left side of my tablet there is a <> tab that takes me to a YouTube page.  Can I delete/remove that?  Also when I swipe left to right I see stories that I might be interested in.  Can I remove/delete that as well?  Both of those items seem to be added features that I am not interested in having there.  Thanks in advance.

Hello again v015eyjd!

To disable the <> icon that you're referring to (or an inverted L like shaped icon) which is the Lenovo Entertainment app, tap and hold into an empty space anywhere on the screen to open Home Settings.

Under Home Settings, there's an option in there wherein you can disable the Lenovo Entertainment app. Once disabled or turned off, go back to the home screen and it should be removed by then.

As for the stories or suggestions that you're seeing when you swipe or like navigate on the tablet's home screen, tap the three dotted button to any of those stories and select Customize Discover. 

There should be an option in there wherein you can remove those stories/suggestions.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks!

Options

48 Posts

11-01-2019

United States of America

44 Signins

304 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2020-01-27, 23:15 PM

To disable the <> icon that you're referring to (or an inverted L like shaped icon) which is the Lenovo Entertainment app, tap and hold into an empty space anywhere on the screen to open Home Settings.

Under Home Settings, there's an option in there wherein you can disable the Lenovo Entertainment app. Once disabled or turned off, go back to the home screen and it should be removed by then.

That worked

As for the stories or suggestions that you're seeing when you swipe or like navigate on the tablet's home screen, tap the three dotted button to any of those stories and select Customize Discover. 

There should be an option in there wherein you can remove those stories/suggestions.

This didn't work.  I thought Manage Interests would work but I see no option there to disable everything.

Options

2310 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

256 Signins

22707 Page Views

• Message 10 of 20

2020-01-28, 16:35 PM

Hello again v015eyjd!

Glad to know that you're able to remove the Lenovo Entertainment app successfully.

As for the News feed, try to go to your tablet's settings and type in "app vault" using the search bar.

If you're able to pull that setting, there should be an option to disable or have the switch be toggled off.

Once off, go back to the main screen again and check.

If that option isn't available, try this other workaround:

Go to : Settings > Apps > Search for Google app > Scroll down to Notifications > Tap Settings icon > Turn off Discover and Notifications.

Next, go back to the Apps again and look for Google News > Tap Notifications > Tap Settings icon > Turn off Open web pages in Google News, Download via WiFi and While charging.

Please clear all downloads as well to clear previous feeds that were shown on the device.

Once done, go back to your tablet's main screen and swipe to the left again to go back to feeds.

If the feeds are still in there, refresh it by swiping down from the screen.

Let us know if this will get the job done.

Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms