Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Tab M10 HD (TB-X505F) Stuck in boot loop

2021-04-06, 1:23 AM

My Lenovo tablet that I got from my parents as a gift in 2019 stopped working today, I turned it on from being fully powered off (the battery was almost dead last night [5%]) I put it in the dock to charge, fully powered off, I turned it on again today only for it to show the Lenovo screen for half a second then reboot, when I took it off the charger the behavior changed.  It then had the same issue, showing the Lenovo logo for a about half a second then it powered off.  If someone could please help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated, than you.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo Tab M10 HD (TB-X505F) Stuck in boot loop

2021-04-06, 14:25 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ sanikdah!

Thanks for posting here!

Please perform the following steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. If the tablet does not turn off then press the Reset button located between the SD card slot and the SIM slot. (This is on the side of the tablet underneath the buttons, and is covered by a door).
  2. If the system reboots but the Android Desktop will still not start, follow instructions to enter the Recovery Console and follow the instructions to "Wipe Cache partition". This acts like the Windows Page file. Android uses this area to speed up the launch and execution of applications. Wiping the data forces Android to load a fresh copy of the application the next time it is used.

Should the steps above didn't worked, you may proceed to the Recovery Console and perform factory reset.

Please note that this step will erase all data that's stored in the device.

Click this link to see the steps on how it can be done.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-06, 18:17 PM

So that's the issue Adriel_lenovo, I can't get to recovery or anything, from my research it seems like the bootloader or something similar got corrupted (or just a hardware issue), and trying the recovery combination does nothing as it doesn't even get a chance to start booting into anything, later today I will attach a video of when it is on the charger and when it isn't to show every bit of what happens in better detail, thank you  for the support though.

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-06, 22:29 PM

I also almost forgot, it doesnt make it to android, nor the recovery bit, as soon as that lenovo screen comes up it's about to turn off, so those solutions won't work.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-04-07, 15:12 PM

@ sanikdah wrote:

I also almost forgot, it doesnt make it to android, nor the recovery bit, as soon as that lenovo screen comes up it' about to turn off, so those solutions won' work.

Thanks for the update @ sanikdah!

You may also try downloading the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool through a Windows PC/laptop and re-flash the Tab M10 HD from there to see if it will get the job done.

Please take note that this step will also erase all data that's stored in the device and it can be downloaded through this link.

Here's another link that contains its User Guide to see/learn more details on how to use it.

Should that still didn't worked, it would be advisable to have the Tab M10 HD be brought to any local service providers for them to inspect the machine and for further recommendations especially if it's a possible hardware concern that might require repairs for it to work or function properly again.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire their store/repair policy.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-07, 21:57 PM

Thank you for that advice, I was about to consider taking it to a repair center, but I did not know about that program, I will definitely try that.  Also, I have a video now of what it does on the charger, and a very bright image of the linux logo appearing for some reason when I do the Volume+Power combo. (I cant upload the video so I will put it on youtube and send the link in here)  Ok, so for some reason I can't make any more replies so I'm just gonna talk all in here now, so the Rescue Assistant thing won't work for me, the packaging is long and and so is the Serial Number sticker, therefore there is no way for me to select the right hardware code, I even tried just selecting the one just to see what it would do, and it can't even download the firmware.  It just says "0B \ 0B , Download failed"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms