Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-27-2021

Norway

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Tab P11no HD Streaming on Prime Video

2021-01-27, 11:12 AM

Hi.

I noticed that the P11 (non the pro) streams only in SD on prime Video, while streams in HD on Netflix . The tablet has S1 level security patch so I don't understand why prime Video goes on SD. Can someone explain? will this be fixed with an update?

Options

1913 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

237 Signins

20667 Page Views

• Views: 20667
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo Tab P11no HD Streaming on Prime Video

2021-01-27, 13:10 PM

@ giovanni.lullo wrote:

Hi.

I noticed that the P11 (non the pro) streams only in SD on prime Video, while streams in HD on Netflix . The tablet has S1 level security patch so I don' understand why prime Video goes on SD. Can someone explain? will this be fixed with an update?

Welcome to the Community Forums @giovanni.lullo!

Glad to have you here!

As for this concern, there's a possibility this is a limitation within the Amazon Prime Video app itself that is why it can only play video contents in SD even though, the Tab P11 plays HD content when using other video content/streaming app(s) such as Netflix.

Another thing to consider here is that there might be some titles under the Amazon Prime Video app that doesn't support or play in HD content.

You may try going in to Amazon Prime Video's website directly through your device's web browser (Google Chrome browser etc.) and set it to Desktop site and play/stream a video content then test if it will play in HD content as a workaround though, just to set your expectations, it is still within the limitation of the app and the developer (Amazon) itself whether the content plays in HD or not.

It would be advisable to get in touch with Amazon Prime Video support as well to inquire on when they'll be adding the Tab 11 on their list of devices that can play/support HD content.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-27-2021

Norway

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-01-27, 13:39 PM
Hi. thanks for your reply. I tried to access Prime video through chrome browser in desktop mode, but still the content is played in SD. I will try contacting Prime Video customer support. Thanks
Options

1913 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

237 Signins

20667 Page Views

• Views: 20667
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-01-27, 14:39 PM

@ giovanni.lullo wrote:

Hi. thanks for your reply. I tried to access Prime video through chrome browser in desktop mode, but still the content is played in SD. I will try contacting Prime Video customer support.Thanks

Thanks for the update @giovanni.lullo!

No worries, I'm sure that Amazon Prime support can provide helpful details towards this concern as well.

Feel free to post here again at Lenovo Community Forums.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms