Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

11-13-2017

Hungary

8 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga Book Earphone sound

2017-11-13, 13:44 PM

I have a Yoga Book and it sounds really nice with Dolby Atmos through the external speaker but when I plug an earphone than the sound is really bad with and without Dolby Atmos enabled. Bad people voices and some background noise, the effect and songs are good. I played series with Gallery,MX Player and VLC also. The songs is also good in earphone but the film sound qualitys is not good. It was 720p film and Roccat Suora earphone.

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book Earphone sound

2017-11-15, 17:03 PM

This could possibly be a problem with the audio encoding of the movie file and how the sound system handles it. If it has audio for 5.1 sound systems you may only be getting two of the channels through the headpones - I've experienced something like this in a different type of situation.

Also if mp3 tracks sound OK this would back this up.

The only simple solution I can think of would be to re-encode the video making sure the audio is just stereo.

You might be able to improve things with the device sound settings but I don't know if this is possible in Android. I'm not even sure it could be in Windows.

It might be worth posting in the Android Yoga Series Tablets section - that's where other Yoga Book Android people are and someone there may have experienced  something similar.

Options

7 Posts

11-13-2017

Hungary

8 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-11-15, 20:45 PM

Thank you for your answer. The mp3 songs working all good and the video os only 720p without 5.1 sound also tried out a video streamer app like Netflix, it is HorizonGo in Hungary and the Long way home, speciel natgeo series. I do not know maybe i try out a 5.1 or 7.1 sound video or keep searching for the solution.

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Views: 9890
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-11-16, 12:51 PM

Don't think I can help more than that. I only experienced symptoms you described when using a TV tuner dongle - I figured out what was happening but didn't find a fix for it, but that would have been about the tuner rather than the computers sound.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-12-14, 15:49 PM

Just to chime in here, have you used any other headphones at all?

If it works fine on the external speakers, then it could simply be an issue with the headphones, or perhaps its a power issue where the headphone doesn`t get power properly to play the sound.

If not already, try with another headphone, see if you get different results.

And for good measure, Try a static discharge for this, it may also help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)