AU

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo tab e7 (tb-7104f) battery drain after Android update to 8.1.0

2019-06-06, 11:16 AM

(First post here)...

I've had the tab e7 for a few months and everything was working well. I could use it for a long time without any considerable battery drain (I wouldn't plug it in for several days). Last weekend the sytem updated to 8.1.0 and now the battery is dropping at 1% every 90 seconds. I've tried many full resets and without anything extra installed, the battery life still sucks. It is almost at the point where I may as well not bother with the device any more. I'll note that it now gets warm whenever I do anything with it - like opening apps and browsing the web (with chrome). Previously I had no issues with heat from the device.

So, my first question is how can I downgrade the tablet to the original released version?

and my second question is how do I prevent the tablet from upgrading again?

Thanks in advance

Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo tab e7 (tb-7104f) battery drain after Android update to 8.1.0

2019-06-08, 0:40 AM

Hi CyclingAsia! Thanks for posting in our community. Unfortunately, there is no option to downgrade unless you will use third party tool which we don't recommend. Always install updates for security purposes and fix for the issue. You may also try resetting the tablet to factory and see if you will have the same issue after. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete