Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

07-22-2015

United States of America

33 Signins

345 Page Views

• Views: 345
  • Message 81 of 221

Re: Lollipop update for Tab 2 A10-70F

2015-08-02, 23:21 PM

Don't let the made in China thing throw you, they can make what you want to whatever quality standard you wish but I half agree with you regarding Googles responsibility to provide a quality product but it is also the manufacturer who uses that products responsibility to make sure their product works as it should with Googles product.

Best way I know to see how products are working is to slide in on some Android, Samsung etc forums.

The best most knowledgeable Android group I have found is XDA forums.

With all the crap in the world, your best weapon is knowledge.

Options

22 Posts

07-18-2015

United States

45 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 82 of 221

2015-08-03, 1:17 AM

wrote:

Like I`ve stated before, the blame goes to Google when the latest version of the OS is released with bugs, similar to my experiances with Microsoft Windows. Would be curious to know how Samsung owners are favoring this Lollipop update.

Seems it is so new, it takes these tablet suppiers/manufacturers in a rush to catch up. Just speculation on my part, but with my past experiances with Windows (8.1 the last), I have been using Linux for several years, the best at getting bugs worked out very quick.

dwflo

dwflo,

I'm going to have to partly disagree with you on it being Googles fault.  Lollipop (Android 5.0) was released back in November 12th, 2014.  That was some 8 months before we got the OTA update and more importantly WAY before our tablets were released.  While I do agree Lollipop had some issues when first released most of those have been fixed and in fact the current version of Android Lollipop is 5.1.1.  We have 5.01!  It's not up to google to make Android work with the manufactures hardware, it's up to the manufacturer to work the code to their hardware.  Oviously Lenovo didn't properly vet this release maybe they felt pressure to upgrade quickly in order to stay competitive in the marketplace.  I cannot condem Lenovo for a failed update but I am suprised they have not allowed us to roll back until they get things sorted.  This tablet has great hardware and I enjoy using it to watch videos and surf the web, however with the wifi issues I hard a hard time getting on this forum and forget about youtube, netflix, etc!  I'm waiting for a fix which I hope will come before my return policy is up.

Options

21 Posts

07-19-2015

Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

15 Signins

237 Page Views

• Views: 237
  • Message 83 of 221

2015-08-03, 23:31 PM

dwflo,

I'm going to have to partly disagree with you on it being Googles fault.  Lollipop (Android 5.0) was released back in November 12th, 2014.  That was some 8 months before we got the OTA update and more importantly WAY before our tablets were released.  While I do agree Lollipop had some issues when first released most of those have been fixed and in fact the current version of Android Lollipop is 5.1.1.  We have 5.01!  It's not up to google to make Android work with the manufactures hardware, it's up to the manufacturer to work the code to their hardware.  Oviously Lenovo didn't properly vet this release maybe they felt pressure to upgrade quickly in order to stay competitive in the marketplace.  I cannot condem Lenovo for a failed update but I am suprised they have not allowed us to roll back until they get things sorted.  This tablet has great hardware and I enjoy using it to watch videos and surf the web, however with the wifi issues I hard a hard time getting on this forum and forget about youtube, netflix, etc!  I'm waiting for a fix which I hope will come before my return policy is up.

Justin,

I was not aware of the date of the Lollipop release. My last tablet was 4.0, I think. It died almost a year ago...forgive my ignorance.

As far as my experience with this Lenovo tablet, it crashed as soon as I had the latest update for 4.4...only had it for 2 days, I did register it before it tanked though. Called Customer Support and a young lady helped me reset, even calling me back an hour later to see if things worked out. It had downloaded the Lollipop version and realized it was different. The only confusion was the log-on interface had a camera icon in the bottom right corner. Every time I would swipe, it activated the camera. Since choosing to a security log-on, it took me several attempts to get to the log-on security screen. I finely was able to see the arrow at the bottom center, it was hidden by the wallpaper.

Since all that transpired, I have had no problems since, As far as wi-fi speed and battery life, I did not have an opportunity to familiarize myself with the previous version of Android. All of my knowledge I has been gained,since joining this forum. Learn more each time here. Thanks to all of you.

dwflo

Options

5 Posts

08-05-2015

United States of America

12 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 84 of 221

2015-08-05, 17:15 PM
Did you do the factory reset after updating to Lollipop? If so, are you not experiencing the Wifi connectivity, app slowdown and battery drain issues?

I'm looking to try the factory reset to see if it will clear these post-Lollipop update bugs.
Options

13 Posts

07-19-2015

arlington tx

17 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 85 of 221

2015-08-05, 21:40 PM

I did a factory reset after the update. It seems to have work much better. My battery is fine. my wifi connects about the same. I have to leave the room some time to get it to connect. 

I empty out the cache on the DOBLY AND MUSIC programs a couple of times now my music is fine...... But its slow to turn on at initial boot.

Options

25 Posts

05-19-2015

western U.S.

16 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 86 of 221

2015-08-05, 21:55 PM

You can turn on the developer's settings to speed things up a bit but be careful.  The factory reset takes care of most problems. What's great is to see how much usuable space you have left for a 16GB device. Go look at Samsung and Apple, and you're lucky to have 4 - 6 GB left for yourself let along 10GB. That's why I picked the Tab 2 A10-70 over Apple and Samsung. I felt like their tablets belonged to them and NOT me.

Options

5 Posts

08-05-2015

United States of America

12 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 87 of 221

2015-08-05, 22:01 PM
What problems besides WiFi issues stayed around after factory reset?
Options

25 Posts

05-19-2015

western U.S.

16 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 88 of 221

2015-08-05, 22:18 PM
The WiFi works fine. It's just a dog with Chrome as many of the Google setting are not on and it has to step through everything. Try Dolphin as another Browser option. Very cool with less intrusion from Google. Lots of custom settings, too.
Options

88 Posts

06-08-2015

United States

243 Signins

1867 Page Views

• Views: 1867
  • Message 89 of 221

2015-08-12, 19:18 PM

Did the factory reset and reinstallation of apps. WiFi is working much better now, quickly loads and no disconnects. Signal strength is improved as well.

Options

4 Posts

08-13-2015

Canada

6 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 90 of 221

2015-08-13, 3:05 AM
Hi guys , also same problem blank screen after long update 1300MB download... After few minutes wait still nothing on screen still full black... So I long press on shutdown button 10 sec. and restart tablet... in same time as reboot device power off and power on I see this forum post about this issue... So read all of your messages and see some answer like reboot as factory default or wait long time... So I try to wait few more minutes and around 5 min later finally prompt the android desktop... Ouf!! i'm happy that finally start...

Question did you think i made mistake to power off shutdown before finally process completed... Like I just cancel interupt the first setup launch config upgrade process... Did you think is corrupted android , tablet... Seem to work fines , but just asking if any comments on that... Thanks a lot to all of yours...

This tablet launch into last march, april 2015 so information, bug, issue, case problem uncommon...

Thanks you
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms