Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-01-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 4

M10 Aggressively killing background apps

2021-03-01, 19:09 PM

I just bought an M10 FHD Plus tablet and got it set up (it upgraded to Android 10 on initial setup).  I have a huge problem with background apps and widgets not working because the Android build is far too aggressive in hibernating or killing background apps.  I've been looking around online and apparently there was a "tablet Manager" app which could be used to remedy this; but I don't have it on my tablet.  I've done testing, and if I keep an app with a widget open in the foreground, the widgets work fine.  but within 30 seconds of letting it go to the background, the widgets stop working.  This is completely unacceptable and I can find no way to remedy it.  I've turned off all of the battery optimizations; but no help.

I really like the hardware of this tablet; but the Android build leaves a lot to be desired because of this over aggressive memory management.  I really don't want to return it; but at this point I'm leaning that way unless the memory management issue can be resolved.  

Is there any way to fix this so background apps will be allowed to run normally and not aggressively killed?  Is there a way to download the tablet manager app that has been referenced and seems to fix the problem?

Options

4533 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

360 Signins

34387 Page Views

• Views: 34387
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:M10 Aggressively killing background apps

2021-03-01, 20:07 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @CatWhisperer!

Great to have you here!

Try going into Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization. 

Under Battery Optimization, change an app's preferences to be ‘Not optimized’ then check if the app if it will now run properly.

Also, try to lock the app(s) that are currently running in the background by switching the app down or holding it and clicking the lock icon in the recent apps screen.

You may also check this previous post to see additional steps that the other users have done to sort out this issue.

Should the above steps didn't worked, you may perform a factory reset to your Tab M10 but make sure to backup the files first as this step will erase all data that's stored in it.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

7 Posts

03-01-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-01, 20:20 PM

Well. I've already done all of that and it had no effect.  So apparently this tablet is incapable of using widgets or background apps.  So it is useless.  I'm going to reset it and return it.  Thanks for nada.  I know now to never buy Lenovo again.

Options

3 Posts

03-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-04, 18:29 PM

I have also done all of those steps, and nothing has changed - it's apparently a huge problem - which is funny, because my partner, who got his tablet in the same shipment as mine - has NO problems.  I am beyond frustrated and also ready to request a refund.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms