Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-11-2021

Germany

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Multiple users on lenovo Tab M10 FHD+ with Android 10

2021-02-11, 17:41 PM

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if Android 10 installed on the M10 FHD+ Tablet (only wifi) still supports the creation of multiple users for eg family sharing and what your experiences with this function are. 

Thanks and cheers!

Options

2029 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

242 Signins

21232 Page Views

• Views: 21232
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Multiple users on lenovo Tab M10 FHD+ with Android 10

2021-02-11, 17:55 PM

@ lucadc wrote:

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if Android 10 installed on the M10 FHD+ Tablet (only wifi) still supports the creation of multiple users for eg family sharing and what your experiences with this function are. 

Thanks and cheers!

Welcome to the Community Forums @lucadc!

Nice to have you here!

Upon checking through the Tab M10 FHD Plus's User Guide, you can still add multiple users into the device especially if there are other users who's going to use it as well.

It says in there that the user(s) are categorized into three (3) types:

• Owner: An owner has full control over all user permissions and manages all user accounts.
  • Guest: The guest has restricted access to the device.
  • New User: You can share this device with other people by creating additional users. Each user
    has their own space, which they can customize with apps, unique wallpaper, and so on.

You can create a new user account by tapping Settings > Users & accounts > Multiple users > Add user or profile > User to create user
accounts.

Please check pages 7 and 8 of the Tab M10 FHD Plus's User Guide to see more details about Multi-user functionalities.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2021

Germany

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-02-11, 18:03 PM

Hi Adriel, thx for your quick reply.

Yes, I read it in the manual - but I saw videos on YT showing Android 10 running on this tablet where you can see that the menu is only called "Accounts" and not "Users and accounts" as stated in the manual... 

The reason I'm asking this is because I've already bought a huawei tablet running android 10 and the function was not present (and the helpdesk continued repeating: please open the menu "Users and accounts" ....even if there was only the "accounts" menu and no possibility to add new users) ... to cut the story short i had to send the tablet back :)

Options

2029 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

242 Signins

21232 Page Views

• Views: 21232
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-02-11, 18:14 PM

@ lucadc wrote:

Hi Adriel, thx for your quick reply.

Yes, I read it in the manual - but I saw videos on YT showing Android 10 running on this tablet where you can see that the menu is only called "Accounts" and not "Users and accounts" as stated in the manual... 

The reason I' asking this is because I' already bought a huawei tablet running android 10 and the function was not present (and the helpdesk continued repeating: please open the menu "Users and accounts" ....even if there was only the "accounts" menu and no possibility to add new users) ... to cut the story short i had to send the tablet back :)

Thanks for the response @lucadc!

As long as the feature is in the User Guide, it will surely be available into the device even if the term for it has been changed.

Also, the multi-user preferences or features of Android OS will surely not be removed as this is one of the important features of it especially to prevent other users of the device from accessing your account into the same device (in the same household) and make any unnecessary changes like unauthorized purchases as an example.

You may also check this link for other workarounds.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

02-12-2021

Belgium

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-02-15, 17:09 PM

Multiple Users is still supported on the Lenovo Tab M10 FHD+ (2de gen.). It is available under:

Settings > Users & accounts > Multiple users

However, when turned on there will always be a guest account, an Owner account & the additional user accounts.

Additionally, I noticed that the performance of my tab m10+, running android 10 (last security update 01/01/2021), increases when turning Multiple users off.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms