Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-29-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

New P11 tablet - sound surging

2021-01-29, 20:27 PM

Received the new P11 tablet about two weeks ago.

Out of the box and listening to streaming music with bluetooth earphones ( SonyWf-1000XM3 ) or just using the tablets speakers - I experience a strange sound experience.

The music seems to be surging - not in volume but in the "presence" ( backstage to frontstage and left to right ) .

Its novel at first - but I'm sure its not supposed to do that.

Doesn't happen when I listen to the same music streamed through my Lenovo Ideapad.

Two different wi-fi sources tried - issue present using both.

I remember seeing a similiar issue with windows 10 - but I believe that was a sound level issue.

Any Ideas ??

Options

1963 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

239 Signins

20907 Page Views

• Views: 20907
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:New P11 tablet - sound surging

2021-01-29, 20:53 PM

@ Judgey wrote:

Received the new P11 tablet about two weeks ago.

Out of the box and listening to streaming music with bluetooth earphones ( SonyWf-1000XM3 ) or just using the tablets speakers - I experience a strange sound experience.

The music seems to be surging - not in volume but in the "presence" ( backstage to frontstage and left to right ) .

Its novel at first - but I' sure its not supposed to do that.

Doesn' happen when I listen to the same music streamed through my Lenovo Ideapad.

Two different wi-fi sources tried - issue present using both.

I remember seeing a similiar issue with windows 10 - but I believe that was a sound level issue.

Any Ideas ??

Welcome to the Community Forums @Judgey!

Glad to have you here!

If I may ask, can you please tell us more about what you mean by "surging"? Are you hearing any loud crackling or popping noise?

Also, does this only happens when you're playing a specific audio/video content?

Are you experiencing this issue regardless of the app that you're using?

Try to check first if there's an available update for the tablet.

You may click on this link to see the steps on how you can update it successfully.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

01-29-2021

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-29, 21:45 PM

Adriel,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Issue is across Utube, Amazon music, Amazon prime video, Global Player and Spotify accounts and all types/genres of music.

More noticable with increased volume.

On Amazon prime video I hear the effect in the video music - but it does not appear to affect the spoken words

I also have a background static during quiet periods of music across al platforms.

It's difficult to describe an auditory effect.

Best I can do is to say - its not a surge or variation in volume.

Its more a surge or flutter or warble, in the presence of the music, ( though - ref my comment about volume  )

e.g - is the balance of the music from the front, back, left or right of the soundstage. It seems to move constantly.

User experience is it makes the music / video uncomfortable to listen to because to such of a Non-normal auditory environment.

It is only on this device ( P11 ) not on my Samsung Tab A6, Phone, or my super Lenovo Ideapad.

Update (1) only of software is underway.

Will add to this response when update is complete.

Options

1963 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

239 Signins

20907 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-01-29, 21:51 PM

@ Judgey wrote:

Adriel,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Issue is across Utube, Amazon music, Amazon prime video, Global Player and Spotify accounts and all types/genres of music.

More noticable with increased volume.

On Amazon prime video I hear the effect in the video music - but it does not appear to affect the spoken words

I also have a background static during quiet periods of music across al platforms.

It' difficult to describe an auditory effect.

Best I can do is to say - its not a surge or variation in volume.

Its more a surge or flutter or warble, in the presence of the music, ( though - ref my comment about volume  )

e.g - is the balance of the music from the front, back, left or right of the soundstage. It seems to move constantly.

User experience is it makes the music / video uncomfortable to listen to because to such of a Non-normal auditory environment.

It is only on this device ( P11 ) not on my Samsung Tab A6, Phone, or my super Lenovo Ideapad.

Update (1) only of software is underway.

Will add to this response when update is complete.

Thanks for the update @Judgey!

Try tweaking the P11 Tab's sound settings as well like check if the surging sound can be also heard if the volume level is on medium or low level.

Try to record a short audio clip then play it afterwards to check if the sound is also heard, make sure that you're in a quiet place/room so that you can record the clip (audio) properly.

Should the issue still occurs after updating the device and customizing the sound settings, you may proceed in performing a factory reset to the device itself.

Make sure to back up the files first so that you can restore them again.

You may also post a short video clip of the P11 Tab's audio issue through this post so that we can check it as well.

No worries, we'll be waiting for your update here.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-29-2021

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-01-30, 15:52 PM

I attached the charger and selected the system update.

12 hours later...

Device appears to have "Hung" during update.

Its showing the system update screen, and battery at 88%.

"Installation paused"

Red message at bottom of screen says "Battery level is too low or in Low power mode"

...Battery now at 89%

???

Options

4 Posts

01-29-2021

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-01-30, 20:14 PM
Took a chance and restarted the tablet - error message cleared and the tablet updated successfully. Unfortunately the sound problem still persists.
Options

1963 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

239 Signins

20907 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-02-01, 18:55 PM

Thanks for the update @Judgey!

You may have the Tab P11 be brought to any local service providers/repair stores for the device to be inspected as it may seem to be a possible hardware failure with the speakers itself since the issue still persists after all those steps.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms